XF 2.2 How to create custom page with custom container?

RoffDaniel

Hello! For a very long time I have been trying to solve the issue of creating my own page, let's take the main one, with its own unique content. I found this thread here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/page-without-page-container.138047/
That's what I did:
HTML:
<xf:title>Test</xf:title>
<xf:page option="template">DIP_PAGE_CONTAINER</xf:page>

<div class="hero hero-lg bg-body-extra-light overflow-hidden">
    <div class="hero-inner">
        <div class="content content-full">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col-lg-5 text-center text-lg-start d-lg-flex align-items-lg-center">
The template is called dip_home_page. How can I call him? This is what I don't understand. Should I create my controller? So that all navigation and menus remain ...

I tried to create a page through Nodes and work with the page content there, but apparently this is not the case

Please tell me! Thanks

hacky-page
I currently have an identical case, i.e. I want to create a new menu item with 4 submenus or subpages in the identical existing style.

As I am using the XF Cloud version, I do not have access to the database and certainly not to the necessary development environment.

Question; is there also an interim solution? ...or does this only lead to fragile “tinkering” ? :unsure: Thanks for any constructive solution :)

Probably best to start your own thread but do page nodes not work for your use case?

not work for your use case
Thank you for the solution. In fact, it is not quite the solution I was looking for. My idea behind it is a separate solution in the form of a news magazine, which covers individual core topics in more depth and includes the community for comments and discussions. The aim is to consider the future magazine area as part of the XF platform and to do without external CMS solutions such as WP etc., if only because of the additional work involved (maintenance & interface monitoring).

I will probably focus more closely on Bob's much-praised solution in the coming months.

Back
Top Bottom