MG 1.1 Image sizes served with link

gunnar

How does the media gallery serve images in different sizes? both internally and externally (with link)?

Does it make smaller images that can be fetched when possible or does it always load up the largest image?

Most people set a maximum width and height for image uploads. This doesn't prevent large files being uploaded, instead it automatically resizes them.

I did this with 3000px as a max, but when the images are linked out again they always send the largest size(?) so it becomes quite resources intensive.

You just sent me a link via a conversation.

I feel like 3000px is still a bit on the large size, but regardless 1 full size image will take 1-2 seconds to load which isn't too bad.

The link you sent me is not a link to XenForo Media Gallery. It's an external link that contains images from XenForo Media Gallery. It has 11 images. All 11 images are the full size images (3000 x 2000 or 2000 x 3000) resized down with CSS to a much smaller size.

My point is, that page loads slowly because you're loading 11 full size images on it. We'd never be able to detect from the server side how big an image we need to display so the onus is on you to decide what size images to link to. Your choices are either the full size image, or the thumbnail size image.

If you want the page to load faster, the smaller images need to point to the thumbnail size image and only load the full size image once they've been clicked on.

Unfortunately due to the nature of what you're trying to do, it's way beyond the scope of support. You just need your pages to be serving the appropriately sized images (which are already available via the thumbnail size we already provide).

Thank you Chris.

To load the smaller images small and larger in lightbox would take a custom WP plugin?

I think I will take the images down to 2000 or 2500 px and make sure they stretch to the browser when that is needed.

I just felt it was running very slow, and that might not be the case.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks chris! Any improvement is better than none..! :)

I have added Lazy load to the WP site, this might help with user experience..

Is there any way of re-processing the images that are already loaded onto my xenforo site?

Top Bottom