Image Resizer

Image Resizer 2.3

No permission to download
This is the error message, I've taken a screenshot FYI.
I don't understand as nothing has been deleted or removed.
I've tried uploading a file with the same name to the /22 folder but still getting the error message.
I have over 1900 images that need resizing but due to this error message it won't proceed to resize any of them.

Screenshot below

error.webp

Hi Andy, I assume this only changes attachments already added to posts? and not at the time of upload? Is there one that does it while uploading? Cheers

Hi Andy.

I've just installed SSL (HTTPS) certificates at my forum and now when I go to resize any images I get a Not Found warning.
Please could you advise. Do I need to uninstall/re-install this addon?
Thanks.

Not Found
The requested URL /imageresizer/show was not found on this server.

Edit: I've uninstalled and re-installed this addon but it still shows the Not Found error.

If I browse without HTTPS everything works fine.

Last edited:
After resizing some 5000 images. I'm encountering an error I can't resolve...

Array ( [0] => convert: unable to open image `/home/admin/blahblahblah/public_html/internal_data/attachments/6/6172-a30eb214fee11822b36aacef86ff5b16.data': Permission denied @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2589. )

I tried rebooting the server. I tried deleting the attachment, it just got stuck on the next one. Repeated that 6 times. I checked the files in the attachments folder, it's set to 644 and folder is set to 777. I'm not sure I understand what permission is goofing things up.

/home/admin/blahblahblah/public_html/internal_data/attachments/6/6172-a30eb214fee11822b36aacef86ff5b16.data

Perhaps this file is somehow locked. You can figure out which post this belongs to,

data_id = 6172

Using phpMyAdmin search for that data_id in the xf_attachment table. The content_id is the post_id. Go to the post and delete the attachment, it will delete that file after one hour. Verify the file has been deleted.

Perhaps this file is somehow locked. You can figure out which post this belongs to,

data_id = 6172

Using phpMyAdmin search for that data_id in the xf_attachment table. The content_id is the post_id. Go to the post and delete the attachment, it will delete that file after one hour. Verify the file has been deleted.
Thanks, very helpful. I found the post, ended up deleting about 10 attachments in the same thread, now everything is working again. The permission part of the error threw me. I've done another 3000 images this morning, this utility works great, saved me about 14 Gigs so far with about 19,000 more attacments to process....

Repost.

Hi Andy.
I've just installed SSL (HTTPS) certificates at my forum and now when I go to resize any images I get a Not Found warning.
Please could you advise. Do I need to uninstall/re-install this addon?
Thanks.

Not Found

Edit: I've uninstalled and re-installed this addon but it still shows the Not Found error.
If I browse without HTTPS everything works fine.

V2.2 still doesn't work under https.

Not Found

What are people resizing to? My community does not really rely on images so I set it to 960x720. I would like to save as much space as possible but make sure images are large enough to see.

Hi Andy,
can you say what you updated in the php code so we can see its an important update or not? :)

data_id = 6172

I think I found the problem, or at least a theory as to why I keep encountering this error again and again.

When I look at my internal_data/attachments folder all of the numbered folders are owned by "apache" which makes sense, the xenforo script is saving the file using apache (if I understand my webserver), so apache is the owner.

For folders 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are all owned by "root", and then starting at 8 on up they are owned by "apache". The same goes for the files contained within these folders.

I'm thinking I need to get my host to run a chown command to change the owner of these directories and files?

I'm not sure, but maybe this remnant issue from my forum conversion from vBulletin? Most of these attachments seem to be from 2011 or earlier, that's when I converted to XF...

If anyone else runs into a similar issue...

I had my server admin run chown -R to set apache as the owner on the following two directories:

data
internal_data​

The permission problem has now been solved.

Thanks for the support AndyB!

Top Bottom