Image Resizer

Image Resizer 2.3

No permission to download
Hi,

Like the others have said - looks to be a very useful add-on, one I'm going to try.

However I was just wondering if you had any more developments in the pipeline? There's a number of extra features which would be nice to have, the reason I ask is that the forum I'm admin for encourages large photo's - sometimes the detail is nice to see. However the upload size limit is one size fits all, so there are some users who post large images which are sometimes just screenshots or generic photos and could be much smaller.

So what I'd like to be able to do is select which attachments to resize. Just thinking about it, something very similar to the attachment browser where I can filter by user, date, select images, view thumbnail, link to the post etc. My apologies - just think on the fly here - the more I think about what I'm after then the attachment browser with an additional button for "resize attachment" in addition to the "delete attachment" option would be great.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. The one problem I see with this idea is that most forums have way to many attachments to make this feasible.

This add-on is designed to resize very huge images 5000x5000 to a more reasonable size like 1600x1600.

I am also only getting the index page when I put in /forums/index.php?imageresizer/show?limit=1

What do I have installed incorrectly? Is there a way to find out?

Andy replied and gave me the solution, which is logging in as admin (kind of a duh) AND changing the URL to: forums/index.php/imageresizer/show?limit=1

Hiya Andy,

Just something else i have noticed. Ran initially and "trimmed" all the images - sorry - Resized them - and all was good. However figured i'd run it again to capture anything thats been uploaded since (i know some large images have appeared) - however when i go to run it again it shows no files...

upload_2014-9-11_0-56-4.webp

Checked and confirmed since i then uploaded a large Image file myself and tried again... Same result...

any thoughts??

Cheers
Paul

Hi Andy,

I am getting the following error after inputting the url to run the image resizer: The controller Andy_ImageResizer_ControllerPublic_ImageResizer does not define an action called Index.

@AndyB , is it possible to make this work with @xfrocks Attachment Store add-on?

My attachments have all been moved into the external data folder.

upload_2014-10-23_14-12-17.webp

This is the actual URL of the image in the above example (served via cookieless domain):

Code:
https://z22se.uk/data/attachment-files/2014/03/58797_SAM_4581.jpg

You are hardcoding the .data extension in ImageResizer.php
PHP:
            // attachment path
            $attachmentFullPath = $internalDataPath . '/attachments/' . $lastFolder . '/' . $dataId . '-' . $fileHash . '.data';
So it throws this error:

upload_2014-10-23_14-19-2.webp

I'm doing a test conversion on my dev site :)

If an attachment is missing from the attachment folder, an error message will indicate this problem. If you run into this, you will need to use phpMyAdmin to remove the data from the following two files:

xf_attachment
xf_attachment_data
I've hit this error once so far. You can actually get around it by navigating to the post with the attachment, and deleting the attachment from the post, rather than having to do in via phpMyAdmin etc. (y)

Before
1408_upload_2014-11-1_12-14-32.png

After
1409_upload_2014-11-1_16-37-45.png

If got the Error Message:

Imagemagick with PECL required.

Imagemagick is installed on my server. Do i need also other programs on the server to eleminate this error message?

Top Bottom