Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
How are current uploaded images way more optimized compared to older attachments?
Devices, applications and apps are more inclined to optimize or default to optimized settings now compared to 5+ years ago.

I would take a look at the average size of your attachments and see how large they are. I have a very image heavy community, and we generally were seeing a 60-70% in optimization (I just cannot use this unless gifs are separated from animated gif settings).

Nothing special. Just remember I ran this tool with images that were up to 15+ years old.
The current uploaded images are way more optimized already so the savings are way less
The same here. I use the default settings. Used in the past GNFKraken. The optimization to those concerning images is approximately 25%. On new images of recent years, usually 50%.

Devices, applications and apps are more inclined to optimize or default to optimized settings now compared to 5+ years ago.
Interesting.

Maybe that's the issue I'm running into then. The forum I'm running this add-on on is only about 5-6 years old.

1642597778090.webp

Interesting.

Maybe that's the issue I'm running into then. The forum I'm running this add-on on is only about 5-6 years old.

View attachment 263580
I would take a look at the larger attachments (4mb+) and see what resolution they are, and what filetype. That will give you a general sense on whether they were previously optimized or not.

If the add-on isn't setup or configured correctly it could also be why things are not being optimized.

After two weeks and four days, the plugin has just finished processing 2.1 million attachments and proxied images on my forum and the results are nothing short of incredible.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.24.28 PM.webp

This will save me hundreds of dollars per year in hosting and backup costs. Thank you so much for an outstanding and extremely useful plugin, @truonglv. 🏆

For those who optimized their images, did you re-check that everything seems to be okay?

Because once optimized, you can't go back anymore and I would hate to see my images getting pixelated like hell. So, any feedback on that, please from the customers?

For those who optimized their images, did you re-check that everything seems to be okay?

Because once optimized, you can't go back anymore and I would hate to see my images getting pixelated like hell. So, any feedback on that, please from the customers?

I could not see any significant difference after processing the images with default settings. I did not announce the change to my users and none of them have said anything, either.

Reactions: sbj

The only issue I have seen has been with animated GIF; the quality becomes super grainy. The same happens with add-ons that add a water mark as well sadly.

Reactions: sbj
I'm finding this quite complicated to get working, I just logged into the admin and see several hundred errors like this:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 9.52.50 AM.webp

I'm not sure if I've setup the optimizer correctly, if it's running, how to run it or what's going on at this point so any help would be helpful.

In terms of the ssh bit's I got this far and run into this - no idea what it's asking, what it means or how to respond or if I need to?
Screenshot 2022-02-04 9.43.01 AM.webp

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

I'm finding this quite complicated to get working, I just logged into the admin and see several hundred errors like this:

View attachment 264306

I'm not sure if I've setup the optimizer correctly, if it's running, how to run it or what's going on at this point so any help would be helpful.

In terms of the ssh bit's I got this far and run into this - no idea what it's asking, what it means or how to respond or if I need to?
View attachment 264307

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
The error you got when files was not found in storage while its existed in database.

Thanks, I guess this means it's running which is a positive.

I'm not seeing any logs or anything under tools, I see many users in this thread showing something from tools showing how much space they've saved but I can't find anything similar.

Do I wait or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Top Bottom