Fixed Image metadata not displaying in lightbox sidebar if no permission to add comments

Can you confirm exactly which version of XF and XFMG you're running as this should have been resolved:

If the image was uploaded before this issue was fixed then it won't have the metadata unless it is re-uploaded.

I just did a quick test and it works fine:

1602326178521.webp

That screenshot I posted is from the lightbox.

Can you provide a URL where I can see this issue in-place?

I think this is tied to the ability to add comments to media. I think we'll need a bug fix to address it.

If you could approve my account at your site I would like to check a few more things.

Any ETA on bug fix ?
No. Just whenever the next release is.

You can turn off the lightbox if you'd prefer to get the old functionality back for the time being. Mirrored attachments will still use the lightbox in threads but everywhere else will just navigate straight to the media.

Also, there is one more bug when clicking on images from widget, they don’t appear on light box.
We wouldn't consider that to be a bug. Lightbox navigation is for media lists only, e.g. when viewing the gallery or viewing an album.

Perhaps best to create another thread to discuss other issues but "it doesn't work" will likely need expanding on when you do.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XFMG release (2.2.1).

Change log:
If a user has no permission to view comments, only hide comments from the lightbox sidebar and not other elements, such as image metadata.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom