As designed Ignored User Content Shows in News Feed

I was just about to come in and say that. I just ignored someone random from while on Recent Activity and their content disappeared on reload.

I would say that's "As Designed" since if you ignore someone, logically you shouldn't be following someone. Since that page only populates with people that you specifically tell it to populate, I doubt that it'd be much help / usefulness to filter out ignored content. What's new respects it, since that's a auto-filled feed. The Spy add-on may not have been updated to respect ignored content.

I would say that's "As Designed" since if you ignore someone, logically you shouldn't be following someone. Since that page only populates with people that you specifically tell it to populate, I doubt that it'd be much help / usefulness to filter out ignored content. What's new respects it, since that's a auto-filled feed. The Spy add-on may not have been updated to respect ignored content.

Well, it obviously was a concern to this member. If you want to ignore someone you should be able to completely ignore someone when it comes to the core xenForo code. Right? Would that not be the intended goal?

The Spy addon is not the issue by the way. That was something extra. This issue is related to the News Feed.

I know the Spy add-on wasn't the issue. ;) Just addressing and commenting on all the areas the user mentioned.

My theory on why its "As Designed":
XenForo has a "Show Ignored Content" in threads when you view them. This is a direct 'I want to see this content' action. When I click 'Follow' on a user, its a direct "I want to see this content in my news feed" action. So, any time you visit the news feed after directly saying that you want to follow them, its implied you want to see it. Mike & Kier make think differently, but that was my thought process. Maybe a solution would be to hide the Follow link if on Ignore and hide the Ignore link if Followed. Not a real fix, but should mitigate this problem for the most part.

I'm a bit confused as she talks about following a post rather than a member. By default, the news feed only includes content from people that you've explicitly followed. As in, you've taken an action saying that you want to see their content there. I'm not sure if you have an add-on that changes that?

But otherwise, I'm going to say this is as designed because it takes an explicit action for it to occur. Simply unfollowing the user in question would resolve it.

Top Bottom