XF 1.2 Ignore moderator of one forum

Live Free

Is it possible, and if so, how, to allow users to ignore someone who's set as a moderator of a one particular forum but not marked as staff, in the moderating usergroup, and aren't set as a super moderator.

I have a situation where a member had someone on ignore, and the person who was ignored took a volunteer position that made them a moderator of one of our sub-forums. Since XF seems to consider this person as staff, the user who was previously ignoring this member no longer can.

Is there an easy remedy?

If they are not marked as staff, they should be able to be ignored. Otherwise, the system prevents it. You will need an add-on to change that behavior.

If they are not marked as staff, they should be able to be ignored. Otherwise, the system prevents it. You will need an add-on to change that behavior.

So does being a "Content Moderator" of a sub-forum count as being marked as staff? Because "Display as staff" is unchecked for the user in question.

Have you attempted to ignore the moderator yourself to see if you can? I do not know off hand if that counts.

Just tried from a test account, Ignore isn't there for users marked only as Content Moderators. :/

Does anyone know of a solution or of an existing add-on for situations like this?

Ignoring only works in one direction. So if a moderator ignores a user, only the moderator won't see the user's posts, not the other way around.

I still think this would help reduce the tension and would be a crude solution. Any idea how to do do this?
The moderator would add the user to their ignore list.

It won't reduce any tension though because you say it is a member who has a problem with a moderator so the moderator ignoring them won't make any difference, the member will still see all of the moderator's posts.

Top Bottom