Fixed Ignore bugs

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
After adding someone to ignore, the thread still shows up on the forum home, but not within the node list, but does display within searches.

Working as intended or possibly just needs some small reworks?

Attachments

• ignore-forumhome.webp
    ignore-forumhome.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 36
  • ignore-node.webp
    ignore-node.webp
    85.3 KB · Views: 36
  • ignore-search.webp
    ignore-search.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 35
This is as intended I believe and was mentioned somewhere else also... kier and mike said it would be too complex to remove from those sections

Well the forum home bit is at least... though I think the search should also have it removed

The first one is your own post so that's obviously not ignored.

The last one is by me so that's obviously not ignored.

Only specific content by the member is ignored.

Theres just a lack of continuity which i think could be handled... more nicely.

I would suggest that the thread should still be visible within the node, but flagged so you know its by someone on your ignore so if you look in the thread and it makes no sence you know the original post was made by an ignored person.

Much like if I clicked through from a search or a notification where I have been liked or quoted, the thread may not make sence if I did not realise it was started by an ignored member.

Theres just a lack of continuity which i think could be handled... more nicely.

I would suggest that the thread should still be visible within the node, but flagged so you know its by someone on your ignore so if you look in the thread and it makes no sence you know the original post was made by an ignored person.

Much like if I clicked through from a search or a notification where I have been liked or quoted, the thread may not make sence if I did not realise it was started by an ignored member.

I think if you go to a thread or post from an ignored person you will still see their posts to stop confussion.. I know this is definitely the case if you go to the direct URL for the post!

I think if you go to a thread or post from an ignored person you will still see their posts to stop confussion.. I know this is definitely the case if you go to the direct URL for the post!

If i follow the link through from a "like" or the search, the first post is missing

There is an option at the bottom of the thread to "show ignored content"

Just to add.

Even when an ignored member posts, it shows up

ignore-broke.webp

We've made various changes here recently, so I think most issues are fixed. If you run into something, please report a new bug.

Top Bottom