If User is a Moderator of Current Forum

Miz

I have searched for about an hour around these forums to see if I can find any answers, but I couldn't find any that addressed my needs.

I am trying to bring attention to forum moderator's posts by revealing an background icon in one of their posts. I am currently editing message_user_info and I know I can edit it by checking if the user "is_moderator" or belongs to a user group, but I only want it to alter if the post is in the forum the moderator is assigned to. That way it doesn't appear in forums they have no authority.

Is this possible at all through templates or does it have to be done through a strange assortment of voodoo?

Thanks for any help.

Edit - Accidentally put the wrong template name, I meant to put message_user_info as the template.

Although, that would be a nice touch for admins or super mods so that anything they posted site wide would have the different background.....

how hard would that be to do?

ok...seems like to be able to do that would take making complete new groups, etc....not worth all that...some of the options on that page are enough anyway...
thanks

Top Bottom