If nulled sites illegal why didnt XF shut them down? How is it possible that nulled sites are up for years?

Hi Guys!
I searched for Xenforo today on Facebook and to my suprise nulled sites even has Facebook groups. How is it possible that nulled sites work like that? Even on Facebook without any penalty? Or are they legal?
I think the way how facebook groups work is along their strict rules.
I don't believe in a lot of those groups.
As they aren't official.
Those that are official you have to go by their rules
As for them being legal it depends if you have a group yourself set up on facebook to talk about your forum or not.

I'm surprised people still ask this question as if they need someone to tell them what is right and wrong.

People these days need better parenting and/or to be a better parent to instill that stealing is wrong and being friends with thieves is wrong and it'll only take you down a bad path that can cost you dearly if caught; and in the end, everyone is caught whether they think they won't ever be or not.

More likely than not it '....doesn't go against their Community Standards' which is the usual line the bots feedback.

I nailed a scammer's account recently after he tried to scam me with a fake profile. Reported it to FB, guess what....
'....doesn't go against their Community Standards'
Yep, some scammer take over my Facebook page and account, so i included everything, that show I'm the real creator and owner of those page, also this scammer details and profile etc... Guess how they reply me? "We can't help you from this page, please report '''some their link"" here" why do i report again from the same page🤣 Facebook is full of trash..😜

Yep, some scammer take over my Facebook page and account, so i included everything, that show I'm the real creator and owner of those page, also this scammer details and profile etc... Guess how they reply me? "We can't help you from this page, please report '''some their link"" here" why do i report again from the same page🤣 Facebook is full of trash..😜
Scammers and facebook are disgusting.

oh my god wow GIF

Trying to get rid of all nulled sites is a futile effort. Look up "whack a mole". Even if they are identified, depending on the country they reside in there might be little Xenforo can do about it without spending more time and money on it than it's worth.

I do not think that it is the responsibility of Xenforo to act against such Facebook pages. I do think that FB is responsible to delete every FB group or page, which is against the law.

Maybe someone should give FB the link to these FB groups/pages, if they are not able to control their own platform themselves?

Hi Guys!
I searched for Xenforo today on Facebook and to my suprise nulled sites even has Facebook groups. How is it possible that nulled sites work like that? Even on Facebook without any penalty? Or are they legal?
Welcome to the internet.

I recommend you reading the following guide:

I do not think that it is the responsibility of Xenforo to act against such Facebook pages. I do think that FB is responsible to delete every FB group or page, which is against the law.
I'm not a legal expert, but it appears as if there are countries that allow piracy for commercial to personal use only. If that's true, you only need to host them in countries that allow it and there's nothing that can be done (I'm not advocating for this at all because I think it's despicable). That said, I think Facebook has to follow national law of where they're operating too, as to why you see Pakistan, etc., remove a lot more posts that are against their political agenda and why a lot of websites are monitored in China to be cut off with the flip of a switch.

If Facebook is following local law in these countries, it is perfectly legal as I'm sure the files aren't on a server farm in the US, but rather possibly on a CDN or server there, essentially making it legal.

I'm sure if you reported the groups to Chris, etc., they could send a letter to Facebook to try and get the groups removed... but it's ultimately up to Facebook to take them down or not, just for another one to pop up as it's a never-ending cycle.

The additional thing is because it's nulled, you're putting yourself & the community you're building at risk. What if the code's tampered with so there's a hidden back door, so they can steal everyone's credentials & etc?

Really not worth the hassle.

It's the same reason why piracy sites are still up, and the music & movie industries invest a lot more towards battling & taking them now. It's generally not an easy legal battle.

Just because they're reported, they don't immediately come down, there's a whole legal process I'm sure XF's legal team has to go through, which of course moves slow, especially internationally.

It's a hard job to take them all down. For example, I'm a hoster. I wouldn't work like that, but there are hosters enough which, if Xen sends them a takedown notice, they just ignore it, and little that can be done.
So this means another way or a legal lawsuit has to be started. You need info on the forum owner for this and even to get their credentials needed for a law suit can be a menace.
This costs time and time=money. So I think they will limit their effors to the forums which can more easily be closed down and the ones which make big money out of their forum and let the rest be.

And that's not a bad though. This way Xenforo can be kept payable. More legal effort cost more money and guess who is going to pay for that? Right, the people who legally buy their license, so we are.
And for us, IMHO, it's better they use there money to create nice software for us and improve it, rather than spending it on useless lawsuits in which they might get a illegal site down but it's doubtfull they will get the money back they spend on the effort closing it down.

It might be they have other reasons, these are just my thoughts but they seem logical to me.

Top Bottom