If nulled sites illegal why didnt XF shut them down? How is it possible that nulled sites are up for years?

NandorHUN

Hi Guys!
I searched for Xenforo today on Facebook and to my suprise nulled sites even has Facebook groups. How is it possible that nulled sites work like that? Even on Facebook without any penalty? Or are they legal?

I'm surprised people still ask this question as if they need someone to tell them what is right and wrong.

People these days need better parenting and/or to be a better parent to instill that stealing is wrong and being friends with thieves is wrong and it'll only take you down a bad path that can cost you dearly if caught; and in the end, everyone is caught whether they think they won't ever be or not.

Though, it would be nice for law-abiding citizens like myself to have a "nulled" copy of XF. :-P

That's because I develop a site on a previous license and then prior to releasing it to the public, I purchase one. But I still need to upload the purchased files prior to launching or it's running on an illegal copy (even though it was purchased). I think the files have some kind of callback in them but uncertain and don't really care... it does take about 10 minutes to replace the files with a legit copy, but, the price to pay. :)

oh my god wow GIF

I'm surprised people still ask this question as if they need someone to tell them what is right and wrong.

People these days need better parenting and/or to be a better parent to instill that stealing is wrong and being friends with thieves is wrong and it'll only take you down a bad path that can cost you dearly if caught; and in the end, everyone is caught whether they think they won't ever be or not.
What I dont get is how is it possible that even on Facebook there's no measure against nulled sites.
Even on Facebook.

Hosting a site in China or whatever 3rd word country is something else, but these sites actually ask for money to participate in them and they are active even on FB. Wtf

Trying to get rid of all nulled sites is a futile effort. Look up "whack a mole". Even if they are identified, depending on the country they reside in there might be little Xenforo can do about it without spending more time and money on it than it's worth.

I do not think that it is the responsibility of Xenforo to act against such Facebook pages. I do think that FB is responsible to delete every FB group or page, which is against the law.

Maybe someone should give FB the link to these FB groups/pages, if they are not able to control their own platform themselves?

Hi Guys!
I searched for Xenforo today on Facebook and to my suprise nulled sites even has Facebook groups. How is it possible that nulled sites work like that? Even on Facebook without any penalty? Or are they legal?
Welcome to the internet.

I recommend you reading the following guide:

I do not think that it is the responsibility of Xenforo to act against such Facebook pages. I do think that FB is responsible to delete every FB group or page, which is against the law.
I'm not a legal expert, but it appears as if there are countries that allow piracy for commercial to personal use only. If that's true, you only need to host them in countries that allow it and there's nothing that can be done (I'm not advocating for this at all because I think it's despicable). That said, I think Facebook has to follow national law of where they're operating too, as to why you see Pakistan, etc., remove a lot more posts that are against their political agenda and why a lot of websites are monitored in China to be cut off with the flip of a switch.

If Facebook is following local law in these countries, it is perfectly legal as I'm sure the files aren't on a server farm in the US, but rather possibly on a CDN or server there, essentially making it legal.

I'm sure if you reported the groups to Chris, etc., they could send a letter to Facebook to try and get the groups removed... but it's ultimately up to Facebook to take them down or not, just for another one to pop up as it's a never-ending cycle.

The additional thing is because it's nulled, you're putting yourself & the community you're building at risk. What if the code's tampered with so there's a hidden back door, so they can steal everyone's credentials & etc?

Really not worth the hassle.

The additional thing is because it's nulled, you're putting yourself & the community you're building at risk. What if the code's tampered with so there's a hidden back door, so they can steal everyone's credentials & etc?

Really not worth the hassle.
That wasnt even the question...
Im not even considering nulled, I asked how it is allowed even on social media where they shoot down anything slightly imapporopate in minutes.

That wasnt even the question...
Im not even considering nulled, I asked how it is allowed even on social media where they shoot down anything slightly imapporopate in minutes.
I was just adding my piece into the discussion because there’s going to be nulled users reading this, and others already answered you.

Top Bottom