1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Kier and Mike Were Abducted By Aliens...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Aug 5, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If for some untold reason Kier and Mike were replaced by clones or bots that only made an appearance every-once-in-awhile because the real Kier and Mike were abducted by aliens and then one day we all found out the truth, from that point on would you still use Xenforo forum software? About how long would you be satisfied with what we have now, Xenforo 1.1.3 and burgeoning community of addon developers and style designers, before you stop using xenforo?

0xym0r0n likes this.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Bacon. It's all about the bacon. If and when Aliens come to earth they'll abduct one thing. Pigs and our stockpile of bacon. The future looks bad. :cry: I think I'm going to be sick at the thought. :sick:

Kevin, Paul, Sylar and 7 others like this.
  3. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

4. BGL

BGL Well-Known Member

Would purchase and use XenForo to start forum. Just made that decision and after delving into the specific issue of XenForo being an orphan product. And one has to assume from the withdrawal of the developers that XenForo is an orphan product. Caveat is that it is not a business for me, not a source of income, just a for fun project.

The product is the best out there. It is stable. There is a contractor community. Jake Bunce provides support. There is a support community.

5. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

So you're saying they've already been kidnapped.

The only thing wrong with Shelley's theory is that they might prefer long pig bacon.

6. Shelley

Everyone's always wrong in the world of Fred Sherman. :rolleyes:

I surrender? *holds hands up in the air*

Sylar, Adam Howard and Bob like this.
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Government: It was swamp gas
    People: :rolleyes:
    Government: It was a natural, but rare event
    People::rolleyes:
    Government: It was a weather balloon
    Government: It was a classified, top secret air plane
    Government: OK, so it was another country's classified, top secret air plane
    Government: Fine, it was space junk
    Government: It was meteor
    Government: After carefully investigating the facts, it was nothing.

:ROFLMAO:

Dan, JVCode and Shelley like this.
  8. Shelley

Oh I've been watching a lot of ufo docs lately (funny how this topic comes about and you mention that) and some of them are interesting (all of them infact). You've been watching them also haven't you? :p

that DR Greerer guy really does sound convincing with his claims and passes them as facts.

Sylar likes this.
  9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Didn't even know who he was until I Google`d him .... Just now.

Can't say I've seen many documentaries on the subject.

10. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I am of an opinion that it has already happened. If you didn't notice, XenForo is now deader than dead.

11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

i would still listen to iron maiden

,scratch my ass (i'm sure this sounds strange because it doesn't make sense in english, or?:D ) and code the next 1.5 years xenforo addons & customize xenforo 1.1.2 & 1.1.3 (because i have 2 great clients (IMO the best 2 clients, i've ever worked with...)

FredC likes this.
  12. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I'd hope the abducting civilization would be far more advanced than the human race.

I'd start requesting mind altering core features >.>

Adam Howard likes this.
  13. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

As anyone who has watched a movie knows, it's not over until it's over.
    ;)

14. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

15. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Let's see if Mars rover finds John Carter there. But even then he wouldn't want to come back from Barsoom.

Adam Howard likes this.
  16. whyweprotest

whyweprotest Well-Known Member

Luckily you can still walk out of the theatre.

17. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Personal attacks? Really? I thought better of you. I guess its my turn to be wrong.

18. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Yes, without second thought. It would carry me forward for many years with its current coding and feature set.

Besides, without something like XF to copy, VB and IPB will be stale again... lack of innovative thinking would set in without someone in the industry doing it different.

19. BGL

BGL Well-Known Member

Just "napped", they are past the kid part. Maybe gone walkabout might be better term. My purchase install was I was buying an orphan product that did the best job for me right now and gives me at least a year of useful life. After that, other products will be available that might be up to XenForo current standards and I will have options.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  20. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

If they were kidnapped by aliens, we would finally have the proof that aliens exist. :D

Dan likes this.