1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 IE problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by vexx, Mar 9, 2014.

1. vexx

vexx Active Member

All of my IE members told me they must use Chrome or FF in order to post anything on the site. I tried myself on IE 11 and I got the same result. The quick reply box at the bottom of the thread is not clickable and even if I go advanced, I get the same problem. Also, the icons don't display either.

I'm not sure what to do.

ps. I know IE is a crappy browser and I could care less of it, but I can't ignore my users's choice :)

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

With IE11, 99% of my forum works fine.
    I'm using XF 1.3.0 RC2.

3. vexx

vexx Active Member

well, mine work too, they just can't post. Also, I have XF 1.2, not sure if that's the issue tho :)

4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

5. vexx

vexx Active Member

I understand, but I'd like to know if somebody else has this problem. I'm not sure what triggers this since the only browser not showing these is IE

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You haven't given a URL, but you'd need to do the standard checks:
    1. Ensure you're running the latest version if you aren't already (versions pre-dating IE11's release can have issues with it)
    2. Attempt to confirm the issue on an unmodified style
    3. Disable all add-ons to see if the issue continues
    It almost certainly has to be one of those as other people aren't having the issue.

7. vexx

vexx Active Member

thanks for answering Mike...I'm almost sure it's a theme issue since I knew for sure you guys wouldn't let this unfixed (if it was a bug). I know I'm asking for a needle in the haystack, but besides the checks you mentioned above, let's say it's the theme, is there something I should check (IE only things in the header, things like that?). I will compare it with the default style anyway, just want to make sure.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's difficult to give a simple answer; it depends entirely on the customisations you have made, both to the style and with add-ons.

You can create a new default style and if it works then you know it's not an add-on.

Then it's just a case of going through all your style customised components one by one.

9. vexx

vexx Active Member

Thanks alot for the answsers, I'll start digging. Oh and if you guys want to take a look, it's www.tesoelite.com/forums/

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Having a quick look, you have a lot of additional javascript running.
    I would probably look at that first.

11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Off topic, but you might want to look at your member cards. They're messed up.