IE 9 and Embedded YouTube Videos

Fufu

In IE 9.0.14, I cannot see any of the Star Trek embeded YouTube videos in this xenForo thread. :confused:

In IE 9.0.14, I cannot see any of the Star Trek embeded YouTube videos in this xenForo thread. :confused:

In ie --> goto
Tools --> Internet options --> security --> Custom level --> Launching programs and files in an IFRAME --> set to enable...
settings.webp

see if that works, dont forget to close and restart IE after the changes are made

In ie --> goto
Tools --> Internet options --> security --> Custom level --> Launching programs and files in an IFRAME --> set to enable...
View attachment 41898

see if that works, dont forget to close and restart IE after the changes are made
If that doesnt work....which it probably wont because these vids are flash objects and the error probably has to do with activex filtering

go to while viewing xf.com

Tools --> Internet options --> security --> Trusted sites --> sites --> add
fgdsfdfgf.webp
(uncheck require server verification ) if it errors you...

Thanks EQnoble for those two solutions.
However I performed both solutions, but still see the YouTube videos as white with noise when clicked the "play" icon.
I am going to have to play with this some more and see if it's a Windows setting, IE setting, ActiveX setting, or an Adobe Flash setting.

Maxthon 4.0.3.6000, works fine.

There we go!

Adobe implemented a new method in 11.6, it might be why I was recieving a pure white video box.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPl...lash/display/Graphics.html#readGraphicsData()

Bottom Line: Adobe Flash Player needed to be updated through Adobe's website. :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: go figure...hey at least you can watch videos now...:)

but yeah there is so may issues with flash player...which I can't complain about because for a while it was one of the two only ways to watch video in a web browser that I knew about...

try deleting your temporary internet files...

also when you right click on the video ...does the menu for the yt vid display?
Did that, and yes the menu pops-up. I got excited and I accidentally clicked on Maxthon. IE still has this problem. Not sure what it is at the moment. *doh*

Edit: Only has this whitebox in embed xenForo, not on Youtube.

right click the video and in the menu --> settings --> disable hardware acceleration and see if that helps...
Okay, tried shutting down and waiting for 2 mins, then cold start. [No change]
Tried Disabling Hardware Acceleration [Did not work].
Tried proxy IP [Did not work]
Tried going through another server [Did not work]

I can see the xenForo embeded YouTube controls and can see the video full-screen.
But for some strange reason, just normal video it displays as pure white with sound.

Update: Even tried IE's compatibility functionality.

Top Bottom