1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE 9 and Embedded YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Fufu, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

In IE 9.0.14, I cannot see any of the Star Trek embeded YouTube videos in this xenForo thread. :confused:

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

In ie --> goto
    Tools --> Internet options --> security --> Custom level --> Launching programs and files in an IFRAME --> set to enable...
    settings.png

see if that works, dont forget to close and restart IE after the changes are made

Fufu likes this.
  3. EQnoble

If that doesnt work....which it probably wont because these vids are flash objects and the error probably has to do with activex filtering

go to while viewing xf.com

Tools --> Internet options --> security --> Trusted sites --> sites --> add
    fgdsfdfgf.png
    (uncheck require server verification ) if it errors you...

Fufu likes this.
  4. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Thanks EQnoble for those two solutions.
    However I performed both solutions, but still see the YouTube videos as white with noise when clicked the "play" icon.
    I am going to have to play with this some more and see if it's a Windows setting, IE setting, ActiveX setting, or an Adobe Flash setting.

Maxthon 4.0.3.6000, works fine.

5. EQnoble

by chance did you completely clear your cache and restart ie after making those changes?

6. EQnoble

also are you using 64 bit or the 32 bit version...

7. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

32 bit version of IE and 64 bit of Win7.
    I can see the YouTube play bars and thumbnail previews, but the video is pure white.

8. EQnoble

try deleting your temporary internet files...

also when you right click on the video ...does the menu for the yt vid display?

9. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

10. EQnoble

:ROFLMAO: go figure...hey at least you can watch videos now...:)

but yeah there is so may issues with flash player...which I can't complain about because for a while it was one of the two only ways to watch video in a web browser that I knew about...

11. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Did that, and yes the menu pops-up. I got excited and I accidentally clicked on Maxthon. IE still has this problem. Not sure what it is at the moment. *doh*

Edit: Only has this whitebox in embed xenForo, not on Youtube.

12. EQnoble

right click the video and in the menu --> settings --> disable hardware acceleration and see if that helps...

13. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Okay, tried shutting down and waiting for 2 mins, then cold start. [No change]
    Tried Disabling Hardware Acceleration [Did not work].
    Tried proxy IP [Did not work]
    Tried going through another server [Did not work]

I can see the xenForo embeded YouTube controls and can see the video full-screen.
    But for some strange reason, just normal video it displays as pure white with sound.

Update: Even tried IE's compatibility functionality.

14. EQnoble

hmm.....do you have the newest gxf drivers installed for your GPU