Implemented Identify external links in the "Download" button

Kevin

In XFRM it has the ability to use an external URL for the Download link. When an external link is used there is no indicator in the front-facing GUI that clicking on the 'Download' link will take you to a different site.

Please consider adding an indicator to make it evident that you are about to be redirected from the RM to a different site.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
make it evident
Perhaps a small css change could do that, I like the general idea though. I am thinking of a different colour or better still some slight change of the wording perhaps, this would be better than a warning type modal to indicate it is external.

A small arrowhead can be used like it is used by different WP themes and it is also used in Wikipedia.org, I also wanted the developers to add this functionality for outbound links.

We've made some changes here in RM 2.1. We now display a "Go to download" button, as demonstrated here:
Can you tell me how to set this? I think by default it's set to hide the external link when hovering over the download button. However, on this official Xenforo forum I've noticed it not to be the case. The link in your post is broken.

Top Bottom