Ideas for a jobs board on xenforo

Stevebullman

Hi, hopefully this is the most appropriate section for this question.

I currently have an employment section for job postings on my forum. This is a read only forum. I am looking for an alternative option for displaying these listings on my xenforo board and am looking for any suggestions. Ideally I would want the posts displayed similarly to the usual forum style, and would want ne posts to display in the 'new posts' page. If there was a way to offer paid job postings that were enhanced above free postings, and possibly even displayed on the homepage that would also be great. Is there an appropriate plugin out there that already offers features like this?

You could use the resource manager for this by renaming it "Jobs" and removing the ability to rate. Paid jobs could then be featured.
If your jobs are not localised then you could add a list of states/countries in the same manner as the categories list currently works and looks.
Of course unless you can work with XenForo code you will have to hire someone to do this.
This can be done (as I have already done this) but do keep in mind that you will not be able to install any off-the-shelf resource manager add-ons without first modifying them.

Thanks Syndol..I hadn't considered the resource manage for this. You mentioned you have already done something similar, got a link?

I'm afraid the website is not yet open to the public but it looks like this:
Jobs.webp

I have not implemented a payment solution yet but if you are only interested in having people pay to feature a job then you could simply add a link which would prompt them to pay upon which the ad would be featured just as the user upgrades work.

Quick question....can regular forum threads be moved to resource manager in the same way you would move a thread from forum to forum?

Top Bottom