My ideas for a better Xenforo

Maybe an idea to make your own fb button, and then curl it to facebook with the string? (get end user data, ajax it to the fb api).

I think, not completely sure about it, that you have to use Facebook's images to do it, not make your own.

I love CKEditor. I didn't suggest it because you can customise TinyMCE's toolbar very easily - but CKEditor is really awesome :)

vBulletin just implemented ckeditor in their application vb 4.1, if xenForo did the same wouldn't it look a little weird?
vB 4.1 isn't even past early alpha stage. XenForo 1.0 could very well be released before vB 4.1. Besides, vB doesn't have a monopoly on CKEditor. Many sites use it, and being that it's a newer technology, I would expect a new site or software to adopt it.

I love CKEditor. I didn't suggest it because you can customise TinyMCE's toolbar very easily - but CKEditor is really awesome :)
Both toolbars can be easily modified. But for me, CKEditor is a little bit better. Sometimes I found out that TinyMCE inserts garbage HTML code if it involves complex formatting.

No. XenForo should focus on what's best for the end user. They shouldn't care about what other software has because this is a new dawn of a new day! If CKEditor is better than TinyMCE then we use CKEditor. :)
ah cool yeah :)

btw is ckeditor free for users but business have to pay. I can download it but there is a user license for 350 so im confused.

vBulletin just implemented ckeditor in their application vb 4.1, if xenForo did the same wouldn't it look a little weird?
I think WP used TinyMCE but it's not weird ;) Other apps already used CKEditor but can we call VB weird when they will release 4.1?
I go for CKEditor bec. in my opinion, it's better than TinyMCE.

I think WP used TinyMCE but it's not weird ;) Other apps already used CKEditor but can we call VB weird when they will release 4.1?
I go for CKEditor bec. in my opinion, it's better than TinyMCE.
yep same here but it depends on if they have the money to fork out.

I don't mind having TinyMCE, as long as there's going to be some better skin, that fits with the modern style of XenForo. This needs some more work, as well as the list of features available through the editor ... like tables, mentioned by hcmagix.

Also a great thing is to have this report tool (!!!!!)

Report post > Textbox, but also suggested moderator actions like
  • "This topic is better placed in forum .... all forums are displayed here".
  • delete topic
  • move topic within this topic ... link to other topic inserted here
The moderator then just has to "click yes" and its done. An admins dream !

+1 , heck plus +2 this would be a dream..
The members do the work and the moderators approve, streamlined flow FTW!

Report post > Textbox, but also suggested moderator actions like
  • "This topic is better placed in forum .... all forums are displayed here".
  • delete topic
  • move topic within this topic ... link to other topic inserted here
The moderator then just has to "click yes" and its done. An admins dream !
This could be interesting. It could be integrated with the report handler. Consider them generic options.

[ ] This topic is better placed in forum [dropdown]
[ ] Delete topic {reason}
[ ] Move Topic [dropdown]
[ ] Merge Topic with {postid of second post}

[ ] = checkbox.

This way, when it is reported, if the moderator agrees with the action that the user has selected as the recommended action, they can click a link ("perform" maybe?) and it will automatically perform the action.

I think I might open a suggestion for this!

The current editor here works and looks fine. Why do they need to use another editor?

If it's the same TinyMCE editor that was used in Subdreamer CMS it really needs to go. Added lots of crap to postings, I mean lots of it that is in the background.

Top Bottom