Looking for a better email system for large email list

kylongienger

Hey all,

Very new poster here. I've been working with XenForo for only a few months. We have a forum with almost 90,000 members and an email list of 75,000+ which will probably reach six figures in 2018.

I don't know as much as I should about an email set up for this size of list. But currently if I want to send an email blast to our whole list, I do so through Users>Contact Users>Email Users. One email takes about 12 hours to send to all our members at this point form XenForo, and I also have to keep a browser open to XenForo backend or else sending stops. I am also using Pepipost as our email engine. Pepipost works really well for our transactional daily emails (member signups & email confirmations etc), but when it comes to manual marketing email blasts to all our members at once, the system of sending through XenForo just takes too long at this point.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue with a large list and what you would suggest to a newbie like myself. :) Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Very new poster here. I've been working with XenForo for only a few months. We have a forum with almost 90,000 members and an email list of 75,000+ which will probably reach six figures in 2018.

I don't know as much as I should about an email set up for this size of list. But currently if I want to send an email blast to our whole list, I do so through Users>Contact Users>Email Users. One email takes about 12 hours to send to all our members at this point form XenForo, and I also have to keep a browser open to XenForo backend or else sending stops. I am also using Pepipost as our email engine. Pepipost works really well for our transactional daily emails (member signups & email confirmations etc), but when it comes to manual marketing email blasts to all our members at once, the system of sending through XenForo just takes too long at this point.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue with a large list and what you would suggest to a newbie like myself. :) Thanks in advance!

Take a look at Sendy.

I use it, not for that many members but it works well. Search around the forums here.. the only catch for you is it uses Amazon SES for sending the email.. it's super cheap, and works well so I have no complaints.

Take a look at Sendy.

I use it, not for that many members but it works well. Search around the forums here.. the only catch for you is it uses Amazon SES for sending the email.. it's super cheap, and works well so I have no complaints.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Please consider to share it.
I have stopped sending out mail shoots since I migrated to xenforo in February

I've created my own add-on that does just that. Since the ones currently on the market do not..
Would be interested in getting a sendy xenforo 2.0 addon as well.
We been using Sendy for a 35k mailing list and i wish it has better integration.

Last edited:
Did you create one for XF1 as well?
No. I've used the others, but they never had the 2 way sync. I've developed the new addon on XF2 and tested with a converted live site from XF 1 -> XF2 with good success so far on a the localhost. Once I get my main XF 1 sites converted (Just waiting on styles) I'll have better confidence on releasing it to the public.

No. I've used the others, but they never had the 2 way sync. I've developed the new addon on XF2 and tested with a converted live site from XF 1 -> XF2 with good success so far on a the localhost. Once I get my main XF 1 sites converted (Just waiting on styles) I'll have better confidence on releasing it to the public.
I have a similar set up like you (test XF2 site converted from XF1) and a 35K sendy list. I can help you test it and report bugs for you. You can PM me the addon if you are interested.

I use Sendy and AWS to send over 30,000 emails a week. I think my last bill was less than $15. :) Saves me a ton of cash that I used to pay to Mailchimp.

No, but I have extensive experience with Nobita's other addons. Especially social groups. There are always bugs and things going wrong. But Nobita has always been fast to fix reported bugs. But with the newsletter there has not been an update for 2 years. I have just highlighted the issues that various members posted in that thread. I don't know if there are more bugs. Probably.
I don't want my email marked as spam and want to be careful with this. In the case of a newsletter a buggy addon is not a solution.

Top Bottom