Starting an email list?

mikez006

I looking to create an email list to send out monthly emails, however I've never done this before so I have a few questions about how to get started.

Currently we're migrating from VB4 to XF2. For VB4, by default the "Accept site email" option is selected for all new members. However this does not meet the double confirmation requirement.

My site has 650k members, so even if I created a list from those members who have "Accept site email" enabled, the bounce rate would surely be horrible.
Cleaning a list this large would also cost around $2000 and most likely we would still get complaints from members saying they never opted in.

I want to avoid all this, so when we migrate our users to XF2, I'm planning on changing "Receive site mailings" to 'NO' for everyone to avoid problems.

My question is how do I build an email list from scratch? I'll need to get members to re-enable this option, but I'm not sure how. Are there any addons for XF2 that incentivise members to signup to a newsletter?

I found an addon called Sendy that can send out emails for cheap, but I need to create the list first. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Top Bottom