My ideas for a better Xenforo

I don't want to see the software price go up.

Licenses CKEditor to be distributed as an integrated part of your software product. This is a royalty free license.
Price: US $1450

Renewal: $1090
Well, I'd pay for the CKEditor OEM license if it was (properly) implemented in XenForo.

CKEditor is heavy...

Would rather have TinyMCE.
TinyMCE is a little more light-weight for sure, but when you factor in that it doesn't work properly in many real-world cases, it makes the experience of writing anything with it poor.

It's a little disappointing that XenForo is so good in so many ways, and then something as important as the editor becomes a nuisance to use.

Well, I'd pay for the CKEditor OEM license if it was (properly) implemented in XenForo.

TinyMCE is a little more light-weight for sure, but when you factor in that it doesn't work properly in many real-world cases, it makes the experience of writing anything with it poor.

It's a little disappointing that XenForo is so good in so many ways, and then something as important as the editor becomes a nuisance to use.

Is the $1090 an annual renewal?

CKEditor is far more advanced and it is a commercial license. I'd prefer that instead of public available solutions. Not so expensive, though. 800$ and you may resell it in any of your products, that's fair.
Is that what vBulletin uses?

I get so effing frustrated with the XF editor sometimes.

I try to insert extra line breaks and it doesn't register my repeated 'Enter' key presses. Well, it does, but it doesn't display them until I save out the edits.

It can be so frustrating trying to edit an old post or edit the beginning of a big post, especially if it has pictures in it. That's one of my biggest gripes.

Top Bottom