Fixed ICQ "identities" field

x4rl

The following error occurred:

Please enter a value that matches the required format.
When adding ICQ VIA Email Not ICQ Number Both can be used to login and find people etc...

Also this was on here Xenforo.com

You can fix this yourself, if you wish.

Admin CP > Users > Custom User Fields > ICQ > Options for Text Fields > Set "Value Match Requirements" to "None".

This will allow any value to be entered.

I don't see this as a bug, though, because I believe most people still use their ICQ number, right?

You can fix this yourself, if you wish.

Admin CP > Users > Custom User Fields > ICQ > Options for Text Fields > Set "Value Match Requirements" to "None".

This will allow any value to be entered.

I don't see this as a bug, though, because I believe most people still use their ICQ number, right?
I don't have Xeforo as said^^
Also this was on here Xenforo.com

Yep, but the field is only designed to accept an ICQ number.

The instructions I've given will allow you to also accept an e-mail address on your own forum.

Yep, but the field is only designed to accept an ICQ number.

The instructions I've given will allow you to also accept an e-mail address on your own forum.

I know its Designed to accept and ICQ number..... my point is when I joined ICQ I was told an Email address was also my login (and it is) It never never gave me the ICQ number. (Which Yes I know there is ICQ numbers)

As said I don't have a forum.

Hmm, my client only accepts an ICQ number for a login. Did ICQ recently change this? I searched Google but I can't find confirmation. Maybe you are talking about AIM accounts and not ICQ accounts? The two services can interoperate with each other.

Hmm, my client only accepts an ICQ number for a login. Did ICQ recently change this? I searched Google but I can't find confirmation. Maybe you are talking about AIM accounts and not ICQ accounts? The two services can interoperate with each other.
It works with both now. check your inbox Jake

I found a web client that lets you login with your phone, email, or ICQ number. You can see here a picture of the login screen which accepts all 3:

http://www.icq.com/download/icq/features/easylogin/en

Screen shot 2013-01-01 at 1.25.49 PM.webp

For the purpose of the default field that is included with XenForo, I think the name of the field should be changed to "ICQ Number". The ICQ email, phone, and number are not always interchangeable. It depends on the client. But the ICQ number is always accepted.

I will mark this as confirmed for now.

Top Bottom