Lawrence updated Icewind Most Online with a new update entry:

Layout changes and bug fix

Icewind Most Online v1.1

Whats new:
- added new phrases for different blocks to allow for better customizations
- removed the tooltip from the statistics
- the date is now displayed inline, see the newly upload screen shots

Bug fix:
- fixed a bug where the formatting for the most online block for the current online users page. The statistics would not appear in it's own block when the forum statistics block is selected on forum home.

If upgrading from v1.0.1 you only need to import the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

That was a quick update, thanks! :)

I have discovered two bugs:

1) It looks like the Most Ever Online Element is nested inside the Members Online Now element. Before the update it was just one line, not the whole thing inside Members Online Now.

YpB3DSO.png

2) "On Sep 30, 2015" should match the color of other values (in my style it's black), but instead it matches the color of the field (in my style it's gray).

S6lDJM9.png

Great work so far!

Last edited:
Members + Guests + Robots = Most Visitors?

Most visitors is the total of guests, members, and robots that were on simultaneously; in other words it does not equal most ever members + most ever guests + most ever robots, as that total will not reflect the most ever visitors that was on at one time.

1) It looks like the Most Ever Online Element is nested inside the Members Online Now element. Before the update it was just one line, not the whole thing inside Members Online Now.

I just tried all the different settings for displaying the stats and I can not reproduce this. I also tried to reproduce this on my heavily modified style and still could not. It sounds like a modified template is interfering with one of the template modifications. I'll look at the template modification and verify it is in the best spot it can be.

2) "On Sep 30, 2015" should match the color of other values (in my style it's black), but instead it matches the color of the field (in my style it's gray).

I originally had the date defaulted to appear in the same color as the number. Due to that I had to separate the value from the date with a comma, and it didn't look right (when you had all four stats displayed it just looked like a block of text). I applied the "muted" class to the date and removed the comma, it just looks better in my opinion.

As you are only displaying the most ever visitor stat in the forum stats block, you can remove the class by editing this template: iwd_most_online_sidebar_block. Scroll to the very bottom and cut out class="muted" from the span tag. And if desired you can add in the comma after .total} (it's right before the span).

For the life of me I can't seem to get it to display within the Forum Statistics. :(

I just installed this on my live site with no issues and I'm using the forum stats block: Most Online Demo

The forum stats template modification looks for this: <!-- slot: forum_stats_extra --> to insert the most online template for the stats list. If a style/add-on removed it or changed it, it won't show. Does the stats appear in the forum list in the default style? Also be sure the permission is set to allow, and Forum Statistics is selected in the Most Online Options. Do you use a widget framework? The most online add-on does support it (although I never used it), but maybe changes were made to the forum stats area for it?

On a side note:
I did find a bug in the current online Most Online Statistics Block, the footnote div is contained in the pairsJustified div, it should be moved out or the footnote may look off. I noticed this in my custom style when I installed it on my live site, but not when using the default style as it doesn't make a difference to it. When I release the update for it, I'll also insure the most online css template is included for all blocks to allow for better and easier customization in the forum statistics block.

I just installed this on my live site with no issues and I'm using the forum stats block: Most Online Demo

The forum stats template modification looks for this: <!-- slot: forum_stats_extra --> to insert the most online template for the stats list. If a style/add-on removed it or changed it, it won't show. Does the stats appear in the forum list in the default style? Also be sure the permission is set to allow, and Forum Statistics is selected in the Most Online Options. Do you use a widget framework? The most online add-on does support it (although I never used it), but maybe changes were made to the forum stats area for it?

On a side note:
I did find a bug in the current online Most Online Statistics Block, the footnote div is contained in the pairsJustified div, it should be moved out or the footnote may look off. I noticed this in my custom style when I installed it on my live site, but not when using the default style as it doesn't make a difference to it. When I release the update for it, I'll also insure the most online css template is included for all blocks to allow for better and easier customization in the forum statistics block.

I will certainly try some more.

FYI: I use AndyB's sidebar

I will certainly try some more.

FYI: I use AndyB's sidebar

You don't need to try anymore, :) I downloaded his forum stats add-on. I'll create a template modification for it for you and package it with the next update.

The next update will be tomorrow, as I just noticed I used the datetime helper with an argument that will cause the time it is now to be displayed for each stat (the actual time the stat was set is maintained). I changed this to use the date helper for the inline text, and the datetime helper without the argument for the title when you mouse over the date to get the time.

You don't need to try anymore, :) I downloaded his forum stats add-on. I'll create a template modification for it for you and package it with the next update.

The next update will be tomorrow, as I just noticed I used the datetime helper with an argument that will cause the time it is now to be displayed for each stat (the actual time the stat was set is maintained). I changed this to use the date helper for the inline text, and the datetime helper without the argument for the title when you mouse over the date to get the time.

Thank you! :)

I installed the updated one, and I believe this is a bug:
https://gyazo.com/db5279117f26bb36572c3a6feec241ca

It says it for each day instead of the actual day that the most people were on.

I discovered that last evening. The date and time a stat was set is still maintained; I just used the wrong date-time helper to display the date, so it basically shows the time the page was loaded. If I didn't install this on my live site yesterday, I doubt I would have noticed it (until it was reported) as I'm the only user on my development site.

I'm working on that now, actually. :)

Lawrence updated Icewind Most Online with a new update entry:

New feature and bug fixes

Whats new:
- added support for @AndyB sidebar position addon (forum statisticss and statistic blocks)
- added an optional minor heading option for the forum stats block. See screen shots. Leave blank to not use a title. Default is blanked. Utilizing a title will allow you to shorten the phrases for the stat names. The phrases used for the forum stats block are as follows:
iwd_most_online_most_guests,
iwd_most_online_most_members,
iwd_most_online_most_robots, and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

OK, I uploaded the new XML and I do not see any change besides a spot to include your own title --> Most Online Forum Statistics Title

What am I not doing right?

Thanks!

EDIT: I got it! Thanks for everything @Lawrence

Looks great! Can you share how you got that Most visitors online was 63, on Oct. 2, 2015 to render like that

I've not changed anything, I believe it renders differently depending on which option you select for the Forum Home Sidebar Location in the Icewind Most Online options

These are the templates I have.....

Looks great! Can you share how you got that Most visitors online was 63, on Oct. 2, 2015 to render like that

I've not changed anything, I believe it renders differently depending on which option you select for the Forum Home Sidebar Location in the Icewind Most Online options

Gemma is right. When I installed v1.1 on my live site I had to edit a couple of templates and the css to make it display the way I wanted to. That bothered me. When I noticed the date bug I took the opportunity to make changes to the templates and add in more css rules. For v1.2 I didn't need to edit the templates any more, just alter the css and change a few phrases related to this add-on.

@Gemma looks great... actually looks a lot better than mine does, :) (my theme is a reflection of the harshness of the area the forum is built around, hence the "dirty" and unpolished look)

No cron job, required. :) The totals are only updated when one exceeds the older value. As the totals get higher, the interval between updating a a specific counter becomes further and further apart.

One of my counter did exceed the older value, let's say within the last two hours and no change.

Only when exceeded not tied?

Top Bottom