Resource icon

[Ice] Shop 1.0.2

No permission to download
How does the "user purchases" part of this add-on works. It seems as though it only shows the purchases that are currently active in there. How would I be able to see all the purchases from the shop. One of my users lost their money but didn't get the product, it doesn't show it in my user purchases so I have no idea what happened. Is there something that I am missing, or how would I go about checking out all the purchases made so far?

Can users donate points?

Not with only this add-on, systems like BdBank let you transfer money.

How does the "user purchases" part of this add-on works. It seems as though it only shows the purchases that are currently active in there. How would I be able to see all the purchases from the shop. One of my users lost their money but didn't get the product, it doesn't show it in my user purchases so I have no idea what happened. Is there something that I am missing, or how would I go about checking out all the purchases made so far?
The user purchases section does only show the active purchases, honestly this was a mistake on my part - I realize now that it'd be useful to be able to see all purchases, present and past. This will be fixed in the next version, with the option to filter them and only show non-expired, or both. Temporarily you can find this code in library/Ice/Shop/Model/Purchase.php

PHP:
public function getPurchasesUnlimited(){
    return $this->_getDb()->fetchAll('
        SELECT username, xf_ice_shop_purchases.purchase_id, xf_user.user_id, xf_ice_shop_purchases.product_id, purchase_date, product_name, expired, term_length, purchase_date
        FROM xf_ice_shop_purchases
        LEFT JOIN xf_ice_shop_products
        ON xf_ice_shop_purchases.product_id = xf_ice_shop_products.product_id
        LEFT JOIN xf_user
        ON xf_ice_shop_purchases.user_id = xf_user.user_id
        WHERE expired=0
        ORDER BY purchase_date DESC
        ');
}
And remove the line that says "WHERE expired=0". I don't have time at the moment to push out a full update with a front end for the filters, but expect it within a few days. Again, sorry for requiring it to be hot-fixed for now :(

Not with only this add-on, systems like BdBank let you transfer money.

The user purchases section does only show the active purchases, honestly this was a mistake on my part - I realize now that it'd be useful to be able to see all purchases, present and past. This will be fixed in the next version, with the option to filter them and only show non-expired, or both. Temporarily you can find this code in library/Ice/Shop/Model/Purchase.php

PHP:
public function getPurchasesUnlimited(){
    return $this->_getDb()->fetchAll('
        SELECT username, xf_ice_shop_purchases.purchase_id, xf_user.user_id, xf_ice_shop_purchases.product_id, purchase_date, product_name, expired, term_length, purchase_date
        FROM xf_ice_shop_purchases
        LEFT JOIN xf_ice_shop_products
        ON xf_ice_shop_purchases.product_id = xf_ice_shop_products.product_id
        LEFT JOIN xf_user
        ON xf_ice_shop_purchases.user_id = xf_user.user_id
        WHERE expired=0
        ORDER BY purchase_date DESC
        ');
}
And remove the line that says "WHERE expired=0". I don't have time at the moment to push out a full update with a front end for the filters, but expect it within a few days. Again, sorry for requiring it to be hot-fixed for now :(

oh no problem at all. It's great to see that you've actually come up with the answer though. I'll edit this right now for temporary purposes, and will wait for your update :)

Any chance of having optional prefix and suffix for the "currency"? For example, instead of naming it $5 it would be nice if you were able to label it as 5 Points, 5 Gold, $5 USD (both prefix and suffix) etc.

Also I'm not sure if this is something you'd like to change, but wouldn't it be better for the mysql tables to simply have the "ice_shop" prefix instead of "xf_ice_shop"? When you need to access the database it definitely keeps things more organized and easier to find. Other small issues might be if you wanted to do a simple count on the native xf db tables, or anything that requires checking the db prefix, this may interfere a little.

A couple suggestions....

I realize this is with usergroups, and not sure about a workaround, but here goes.

Say I see in my shop "Bold" "Italic" "Underline" username. One person buys BOLD, a week later, they want to add ITALICS to it. Currently, I have to have another usergroup "Bold+Italic" as well. It seems to me, somehow, if you had the ability to combine things, and not create a multitude of usergroups, that would be a better option.

Or, if I want a small icon in front of the username. I would have to have it as one, then add in all the variations of b/i/u as well. Plus, add in colors. You could have thousands of usergroups. (Unless of course I am going about the creation of usergroups all wrong).

With permissions, its pretty easy, because they will combine, but with styling I don't see how to get around adding in so many additional usergroups.

Any chance of having optional prefix and suffix for the "currency"? For example, instead of naming it $5 it would be nice if you were able to label it as 5 Points, 5 Gold, $5 USD (both prefix and suffix) etc.

Also I'm not sure if this is something you'd like to change, but wouldn't it be better for the mysql tables to simply have the "ice_shop" prefix instead of "xf_ice_shop"? When you need to access the database it definitely keeps things more organized and easier to find. Other small issues might be if you wanted to do a simple count on the native xf db tables, or anything that requires checking the db prefix, this may interfere a little.
Suffixes would be very possible, easy addition. As for the database tables I've seen it done both ways (both with and without the xf_ prefix). It's really just personal preference, for whatever reason I put xf_ in front of them when I started out. I have a few add-ons with the xf_ and a few without - I just chose one (if there is a "correct" way to do it, someone please tell me :))
A couple suggestions....

I realize this is with usergroups, and not sure about a workaround, but here goes.

Say I see in my shop "Bold" "Italic" "Underline" username. One person buys BOLD, a week later, they want to add ITALICS to it. Currently, I have to have another usergroup "Bold+Italic" as well. It seems to me, somehow, if you had the ability to combine things, and not create a multitude of usergroups, that would be a better option.

Or, if I want a small icon in front of the username. I would have to have it as one, then add in all the variations of b/i/u as well. Plus, add in colors. You could have thousands of usergroups. (Unless of course I am going about the creation of usergroups all wrong).

With permissions, its pretty easy, because they will combine, but with styling I don't see how to get around adding in so many additional usergroups.
I agree completely - it would be great if the CSS for user groups could cascade (as an option). I'll see what I can do in terms of custom styling - this seems to be a pretty common request, and if it isn't too much of a hassle I could probably add it into the core of the add-on. Another common issue seems to be having a ton of extra user groups - if I can get the username styles worked out there'd be significantly less groups.

Suffixes would be very possible, easy addition. As for the database tables I've seen it done both ways (both with and without the xf_ prefix). It's really just personal preference, for whatever reason I put xf_ in front of them when I started out.

I agree completely - it would be great if the CSS for user groups could cascade (as an option). I'll see what I can do in terms of custom styling - this seems to be a pretty common request, and if it isn't too much of a hassle I could probably add it into the core of the add-on. Another common issue seems to be having a ton of extra user groups - if I can get the username styles worked out there'd be significantly less groups.
it's not just personal preference
there are some internal xenforo methods which are working with "xf_" prefixes (you can find them in XenForo_Install_Model_Install )

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf_-table-prefix.19408/#post-249606

Also, a possibility of having "Categories" of some type....

Right now, the scroll if I added all I wanted to, would be unbearable... haha

Also, a possibility of having "Categories" of some type....

Right now, the scroll if I added all I wanted to, would be unbearable... haha

both of stewart1champ's suggestions are what I want to see later on in this addon to make it mainstream. Can't wait for the next couple of updates.

I was just about to ask how to deal with users who purchase multiple username stylings, but I guess this sort of answers some of my questions: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/cascading-username-styles.34421/

That looks like it would help, but there may be some additional issues. The admin sets the styling priority for the all the groups so assuming a member purchased a red coloured username and a gold coloured username, if the gold was set to a higher priority, the user would not get to choose the color. The option to swap between stylings probably does not sound plausible. How about the ability to disable or refund a purchase (maybe the refund amount can be prorated)? Another thing that could help for username stylings is being able to preview what you're actually purchasing. Maybe the product name can have the styling attached to it as a visual indicator. Additionally, maybe a final preview could be displayed of how your username would look with all your current stylings plus the one you're about to buy. This would only mean something if your suggestion actually gets implemented though.

I've gotten a ton of suggestions from a bunch of different people on things that could be added to this add-on. The ability to enable or disable the purchase during the subscription will most likely be added in at some point, to give users the ability to choose between different styling options. The original purpose of this add-on was to provide a basic framework for subscribing to user groups with virtual cash, but I can definitely expand on it (maybe add in a ton of new features in a "pro" paid version).

What I hope to have eventually will be 3 different types of perks a user can gain from purchasing:
  1. Adding them to user groups - simple enough, already done
  2. Calling a PHP function when the user purchases something and when it expires
    • This will let you do literally whatever you want provided you can code it (or someone else can code it ;))
  3. Adding CSS rules to different parts of the forums related to that particular member
    • User profile pages - would allow you to offer different themes
    • Postbit customization - change colors, borders, etc. of messages and the information to the left
    • Username styling
There are many more possibilities for #3, I'd just have to make sure they are doable. These are not necessarily going to be added anytime soon (or at all), but I do plan on working to try to figure them all out (#2 shouldn't be too hard in all honesty). Here are most of the suggestions I've gotten, with the probability they will actually get implemented, and when I'm planning on implementing them by:
  • Ability to purchase cash with PayPal - 60% - probably within the next week or two
  • Restricting purchases to certain user groups - 90% - probably within the next week or two
  • Filter purchases in the ACP - 100% - expect an update within a few days
  • Prefix and suffix for currency - 100% - next few days
  • Categories of items - 90% - next week or two
  • PHP callbacks for purchases - 80% - next week or two
  • Enable / disable purchases - 90% - next week or two
  • CSS rules for different parts of the forums - 50% - probably not for a few weeks (if at all) and might be included in a reasonably priced "pro" version of this add-on, depending on the time commitment required
If there are any add-on developers who can think of a simple way to apply CSS rules to usernames and user content I mentioned earlier, please shoot me a PM.
Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and patience as I work out all the little kinks with this add-on, I'm new to this but the community here has been really supportive and helpful :)

Great addon. Installed it for testing purposes, but didn't do much because I don't have any "virtual money system" installed on my board. I'll wait for the *real money* version.

This is exactly what we have needed for the forums I run if it had a way to either make each option purchasable with real money or allowing the points to be purchased with real money. I see you are working on that so I am looking forward to it. Really looks great otherwise!

This is exactly what we have needed for the forums I run if it had a way to either make each option purchasable with real money or allowing the points to be purchased with real money. I see you are working on that so I am looking forward to it. Really looks great otherwise!

I think My Points addon has that feature where you can buy points for real money.

The cool thing would be having two currencies on the same forum. One is your forum currency while the other is something you would purchase. The shop can then support two currencies. When we get categories it could be easier, where you have a category for items which you can buy with the normal currency and another category which has items that you can buy with the premium currency.

-Ice- updated [Ice] Shop with a new update entry:

More Bug Fixes

If you updated to 1.0.1, please install this update as soon as possible. There was a small code change in 1.0.1 that accidentally limits who can purchase for other users - they will get a "A server error occurred" message.

You do not have to update via the ACP, just upload the new library folder. Sorry if this caused any trouble for your forums - I'm surprised I haven't gotten any messages about it :D

Read the rest of this update entry...

does this also work with real money?

I would like to have a Payment-option at the "Register"-page at which people have to pay a membership-fee when joining my Forum.

Would this be possible with this Add-on?

Many thanks!

does this also work with real money?

I would like to have a Payment-option at the "Register"-page at which people have to pay a membership-fee when joining my Forum.

Would this be possible with this Add-on?

Many thanks!

Not at the moment.

Top Bottom