Ice Cream Sandwich

This is what Android can't touch

I am afraid if you have ever used any thing other than iDevices/iServices. Do you realize that it is not just a piece of iPhone that is giving you this "accessibility", rather you are using virtually a BIG device composed of various components distributed across you pocket to office table. While others have done similar (and I would say better in some cases) integration across devices of different profiles from different vendors (that is the real integration across devices in my opinion). :-)

I am afraid if you have ever used any thing other than iDevices/iServices. Do you realize that it is not just a piece of iPhone that is giving you this "accessibility", rather you are using virtually a BIG device composed of various components distributed across you pocket to office table. While others have done similar (and I would say better in some cases) integration across devices of different profiles from different vendors (that is the real integration across devices in my opinion). :)
Considering that I'm one of the leading experts in datacenter virtualization, yeah I do. The thing is, *I* don't have to configure it or maintain it.

I love the way that just before I go out for a run, I can connect my phone up to the computer (wired/wireless) and within minutes Ive removed/dragged and dropped a load of new music. Thats what I call easy intergration. None of this itunes malarky.

And this is where your wrong, everything you just described can be done on android just as easily.
No, it can't. What you mean to say is that I can set up a similar infrastructure myself and incorporate a Android phone into it. Sure, I could. But what is behind it? How is the storage managed? Are backups being done? Dual power from two commercial sources? Battery and diesel generator backup? Is the hardware under maintenance? Is it clustered? What is the support SLA? Is there a spare depot on site? Is data encrypted at rest and on backup? As the infrastructure monitored? Redundant SAN and network fabrics? VLAN/VSAN for traffic isolation?

Yes, you can roll your own. But you'll never have the same reliability as a datacenter. Sure, you can be your own integrator. But then you support it and maintain it. And the final nail in the coffin? I'm too damned expensive to hire myself. I need to be working for other people on billable hours, not working for myself for free.

I love the way that just before I go out for a run, I can connect my phone up to the computer (wired/wireless) and within minutes Ive removed/dragged and dropped a load of new music. Thats what I call easy intergration. None of this itunes malarky.
I do the same thing. And I don't need to connect to my computer either wired or wireless to do it.

The whole integration issue is moot. Some of this thread reads like individuals who have not used both platforms on a daily basis, or I suspect that'd be saying how easy it is to integrate your laptop, contacts, calendar, email, tablets, etc. on both platforms. I use both interchangeably myself and have found both to be comparable on this front. Although, I think Google's Calendar and Email beat anything Apple has offered up to this point. The big difference is that Apple tries to force a one size fits all approach, while Google clearly does not. Some love that, others don't.

The whole infrastructure issue is moot, as well. Both are robust. Google rolls their own, while Apple's iCloud uses Amazon Web Services and, believe or not, Windows Azure until the Maiden DC is completely ready to take over.

Two days ago I got a Motorola Photon 4G. Now I'm a bit pissed since I made a new contract with sprint and paid $100. I'd rather pay $200 for this. :confused:

As for iPhones... erm... don't need it. Got an iTouch already. Yes, I know, they're not the same but they're similar enough that it warrants me not getting another iOS powered device for a ridiculous price. Besides the screen is too small for my big hands... and last time I checked the 4S isn't 4G compatible... which would make a mockery out of my unlimited data.

I was an android fanboy but i tried iphone for a day,
no way i go back to android's unstable and useless apps days.
i feel sorry for android guys, not saying this for sarcasm, i swear.

The next version of Android is : Jelly Bean !
jellybeans_credit_ruthbruin2002_flickr-218-85.jpg

http://www.techradar.com/news/softw...d-jelly-bean-10-things-we-want-to-see-1036013

Top Bottom