1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to buy xenForo, before that I need these features

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Nagib Mahfuj, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Nagib Mahfuj

Nagib Mahfuj Member

Hello,

I found xenForo is very neat. For one of my recent project I need some customization on xenForo. The site is more like social community rather than just a forum. Here are the requirements:
    1. Homepage will include some blocks, like top authors, top posts, recent threads, recent blog posts etc.
    2. There should be a blog where users can submit articles.
    3. There should be a group page, and user can create or join in groups.
    4. FAQ or Knowledge base system.
    vBulletin have all these features, but its old and I don't like it much. I want to implement all these on xenForo.

Looking for the reply. Thanks!

2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

All of them should exist as addons already. Not terribly familiar with the last 3 but I have seen some plugins for them.

Number 1 will get a couple of solutions as responses. I personally own XenPorta 2 and its widget system extends beyond just the portal page but into the entire software as a whole. You may need some custom blocks made but this is going to cover anything imaginable in that respect. There is a widget system by xfrocks as well and there are other front page solutions that lend to certain types of sites very well but others not so much.

Nagib Mahfuj likes this.
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

As for Articles.. AMS (Article Management System) has just come out into BETA... and so far it's impressive. @Bob has (as normal) outdone himself.

Nagib Mahfuj likes this.
  4. Nagib Mahfuj

Nagib Mahfuj Member

Which one is the best for changing homepage layout Xenporta or Widget Framework?