I want to buy xenforo again but...

Robby

Like everybody knows there is a lawsuit against xenforo. Now that is for me not the biggest problem. I just want to know i'm not buying a cat in a sack. Are there new releases in the future planned? Why should we pay for updates every year if there aren't?

The quality of the software is the best out there, there is no other forum software that looks even the same. But is it smart to begin a new forum using xenforo or not?

Like everybody knows there is a lawsuit against xenforo. Now that is for me not the biggest problem. I just want to know i'm not buying a cat in a sack. Are there new releases in the future planned? Why should we pay for updates every year if there aren't?

The quality of the software is the best out there, there is no other forum software that looks even the same. But is it smart to begin a new forum using xenforo or not?

It's all up to you how to decide.
Is it the best? Buy it.

Should you pay for upgrades every year? No. Use what you have.

The quality of the software is the best out there, there is no other forum software that looks even the same.

Answered your own question.

But is it smart to begin a new forum using xenforo or not?
XenForo won't lose any of its "best out there" attributes no matter what happens and unless something else is going to displace it as best out there over the next 12 months seems like a safe purchase.

I just don't understand why nobody of the staff can say they are still working on it or not?
That information we have been waiting for a long time, but it didn't happen. I don't think you will get a reply on that now either... unfortunately.

My suggestion is to wait or to go with another solution. Or buy XenForo now if it meets your requirements.

Like everybody knows there is a lawsuit against xenforo. Now that is for me not the biggest problem. I just want to know i'm not buying a cat in a sack. Are there new releases in the future planned?

From what Kier said recently, yes. (search on his posts and he comments on not wanting to include something in XF 1.2 sometime during the last week) Not an official statement but they seem to be on the position that it's business as usual except no current development until the case is sorted.

Why should we pay for updates every year if there aren't?

Exactly. So don't pay and continue to use XF as it is.

Up to you. I just did an additional and there are others doing it with additional ones or a first one. But others decide not to.
Depends a lot if you can do what you need on the current XF and its addons.

I just don't understand why nobody of the staff can say they are still working on it or not?

It's been said a number of times:

Kier has been on here updating us about the court case. Also made a recent comment on XF 1.2 development.
Mike has been active to do witrh troubleshooting,
Ashley is less evidemnt but he never was very present on the forum. Not his job.

They are doing exactly what Ashley said they would 3 months ago.

Bugs are fixed, troubleshooting is done.
Support tickets are dealt with.
Development is halted because of the court case.

Nothing has changed so there is nothing new to say.

yes, because if they are now sure it's a dead child i'm not buying it. I think as an old and possible new customer that's just reasonable. When i buy this, it's for the long run...
It's not a dead child. It's a beautiful little kid.
ATM it stopped growing.
You can still love it.

It's been said a number of times:

Kier has been on here updating us about the court case. Also made a recent comment on XF 1.2 development.
Mike has been active to do witrh troubleshooting,
Ashley is less evidemnt but he never was very present on the forum. Not his job.

They are doing exactly what Ashley said they would 3 months ago.

Bugs are fixed, troubleshooting is done.
Support tickets are dealt with.
Development is halted because of the court case.

Nothing has changed so there is nothing new to say.
Thanks for your reply, probaly gonna buy it anyway, maybe that's the best way to supporting these guys.

But is it smart to begin a new forum using xenforo or not?
Well, it's hard to make a new forum on any software. It would be better if you can acquire a bigger forum, but if you're starting from scratch, you've got to put in the work. I'm doing the same for www.metalgearfans.com and it's got a fanbase. It just needs time to breathe and grow. I see long term growth for the site since MGRising is just months away from release, and Ground Zero was recently revealed. Just last night, there's been a lot of speculation around "The Phantom Pain" which is rumored to be MGS5.

So, obviously, the site will take off. It just needs time.

My point is, the growth of your new forum depends on you.

Top Bottom