I want buy XenForo

tbh. have you seen section highlight features of the under-development release. i know this has been discussed in other threads already... but it would be nice to get a basic idea of what the locked feature set (as mentioned in another thread) is of 2.2. most of us understand that there is always a possibility of delays or even cancellation of features at last moment. anyhow, hopefully soon!

tbh. have you seen section highlight features of the under-development release. i know this has been discussed in other threads already... but it would be nice to get a basic idea of what the locked feature set (as mentioned in another thread) is of 2.2. most of us understand that there is always a possibility of delays or even cancellation of features at last moment. anyhow, hopefully soon!

My opinion is it's a bad practice to announce features before they are released, especially if it's something competitors do not have. Patience is a virtue. :)

haha. i think it is important to highlight what you plan to deliver in coming months. you get feedback. your users find out what they can look forward to. and potential customers also see what direction the platform is taking in future.

few weeks ago, i almost consider moving back to invision looking at the existing as well revealed functionality of their next update. but then i spent a few hours on their community and realized that it was not going to work for me.

the features revealed today are not something that excites me. but it still helps in understanding the features i would have access to in a few months' time. i hope they have something that fulfills some of my wanted functionalities along with a few surprises that never hurt!

most important thing is that at least we know that 2.2 is indeed heavily under development and we might end up seeing it running here on xenforo.com in the near future. now waiting for the next feature reveal. 🎉

Buy it, install it and have a play around, and by time 2.2 is released you should have a solid understanding of how it works (and a test forum up and running - which you can test v2.2 on).
And what if it still not released at this time? A month or two I would say is reasonable for a initial setup at most that doesn't requires extensive customization.

I am siding with this person, there should really be a ETA at our disposal. Because think about it in a business sense of being left in the dark of a ETA of release date
  • How can one plan for infrastructure upgrades?
  • What about server software?
  • What about admin/moderator retraining?
  • What about add ons and theme deployments?
  • Preparing Testing time slot?
  • Release date on live site?
  • etc etc etc
In short, I think a release date should be approximated for customers and Xenforo business to really understand when they are attainable and to draw out plans accordingly.

After all isn't a business without a plan is a business bond to fail?

We have started the process which explains to our customers what we've been working on and what new features are coming in the next version. This process typically leads to that version initially being installed here, first, shortly followed by us releasing the first public beta.

I can assure you it is well on its way and can say with absolute certainty that if someone purchases a license now, that license will enable them to use XenForo 2.2 because it will be released before their license expires.

So definitely on its way "soon" but we won't sacrifice quality and stability to meet an arbitrary deadline.

And what if it still not released at this time? A month or two I would say is reasonable for a initial setup at most that doesn't requires extensive customization.

I am siding with this person, there should really be a ETA at our disposal. Because think about it in a business sense of being left in the dark of a ETA of release date
  • How can one plan for infrastructure upgrades?
  • What about server software?
  • What about admin/moderator retraining?
  • What about add ons and theme deployments?
  • Preparing Testing time slot?
  • Release date on live site?
  • etc etc etc
In short, I think a release date should be approximated for customers and Xenforo business to really understand when they are attainable and to draw out plans accordingly.

After all isn't a business without a plan is a business bond to fail?

This is all precisely why you should focus on 2.1 now. It's stable, and have many available addons.

After 2.2 is out later, wait for it to stablize, and the addons/styles you want to use have the compatibility upgraded or completely re-scripted to work with 2.2.

I never jump to the latest release right away. And 2.1 is a fantastic product now.

Try asking Microsoft when Windows 11 is coming, or RedHat when the latest release is coming... quite often you won't get an answer until things are at such an advanced stage aren't far from launching.

One of the developers could probably explain product lifecycles to give people a better idea why deadlines aren't always possible.

Pre Production > Alpha > Alpha 1 > Beta > Beta RC > Release (or something like that).

Top Bottom