I wanna change my domain name again

DRE

I feel like changing the domain name again. Have any of you ever had this dilemma? Not knowing what to make the site about?

While names can help, in the end it's the content quality that will dictate if a site is successful or not.

What do you feel like doing? Games, tech, music, etc? Whatever you find yourself liking now, go after it with your passion and write, code and get some friends to do the same! After then, maybe come up with a good name, but do some content creation first and have fun with it!

I don't feel like doing anything really. It's just a general chat forum. Thanks for the good advice though.

Niche forums are the best way to gather like-minded individuals. It would be very difficult in the absence of a lot of creative marketing gimmicks to make a general chat forum take off. IMHO anyway.

I'd agree with the above, you need a niche you're passionate about that you can build a forum around. Just opening a forum and assuming people will use it hardly ever works.
This is true. I've given up on trying to come up with a niche though.
Niche forums are the best way to gather like-minded individuals. It would be very difficult in the absence of a lot of creative marketing gimmicks to make a general chat forum take off. IMHO anyway.
I agree but I've settled on an ambivalent name that will probably attract noobs out of curiosity. Just gotta wait till I get paid so that I can buy my 3rd xenforo license.

This is true. I've given up on trying to come up with a niche though.
I agree but I've settled on an ambivalent name that will probably attract noobs out of curiosity. Just gotta wait till I get paid so that I can buy my 3rd xenforo license.
Should you ever feel the need to take a step back, see my sig ;)

Despite that I strongly believe that you should think it through and pick something you can stick with, time has shown that despite good intentions you do chance your domain as the content of your site grows towards a certain direction. Sometimes I feel I shouldn't have done that. So I can only suggest: no, stick to what you got. On the other hand, it's just a domain.

Despite that I strongly believe that you should think it through and pick something you can stick with, time has shown that despite good intentions you do chance your domain as the content of your site grows towards a certain direction. Sometimes I feel I shouldn't have done that. So I can only suggest: no, stick to what you got. On the other hand, it's just a domain.
That's really good advice. I was okay with my original site name but Google terminated my adsense account so I moved my site over to another domain I had. The name doesn't really fit the community I have on there right now though so I had to find another name. After a lot of brainstorming I settled on 8thos.com This way if I ever change my mind about what the site is about, I won't have to look for another domain name as the name itself is kind of ambiguous.

That said, if my community was part of my company. My company domain name would simply never change name.

That said, if my community was part of my company. My company domain name would simply never change name.
Man, google runs sh!! on the internet. They're so large and powerful, they can ignore your appeal even when you bring them evidence to the contrary. The only real business-related aspect of my site other than paid subscriptions, was my adsense account.
To be honest, "8thos.com" I saw as "8thOS.com" as in Windows 8. :barefoot:
I thought about that too. My first choice was 8thiest.com but 8thos sounded way better (plus I'm not an athiest).
Maybe a good opening point to add within his site ;)
I don't want people to think it's a windows site. When I get my slider working I'll put this on the front page so that if they click on the windows 8 article and read it, they'll realize it's not a windows site after all.

Facebook said:
Hi,

We may be able to assist you with this request. In order to update your Page name, please make sure to provide the following information:

If you selected, "My business name has changed," and you have not already done so, please reply to this email with attached documentation showing your new business name as well as its address. An example of this is a utility or phone bill.

If you selected, "My Page name is misspelled," sit tight and we will get to your request as soon as possible.

Please note these changes may take up to 3 days to process. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

Man wtf??? Has anyone ever changed their Facebook Page name before? What documentation should I send them, my invoice for buying the new domain name? :confused:

I feel like changing the domain name again. Have any of you ever had this dilemma? Not knowing what to make the site about?

Well when you want to get your domain changed then you should make contact with the owner of the hosting he'll cancle your account obviously and make you create an new one for the same price you've payed before and probably give back your money untill you've payed your wanted domain.

Well when you want to get your domain changed then you should make contact with the owner of the hosting he'll cancle your account obviously and make you create an new one for the same price you've payed before and probably give back your money untill you've payed your wanted domain.
I use URLJET.

I don't know if they'll make me do all that. I hope Google didn't block my IP from applying again. I changed domain names but not ip.

I use URLJET.

I don't know if they'll make me do all that. I hope Google didn't block my IP from applying again. I changed domain names but not ip.

Well i'm not sure if your allowed to do that but im pretty sure if you make contact with the hosting manager that they'll do that.

I always have problems finding the right niche and right domain name .My last forum was a promotion forum and it did okay but to many forums out there with that niche.You need to find a niche what people want.I am in the process of opening a general chat forum but with a extra support and help forum for teens and adults with mental and physical disabilities and a few more.As there are just not enough forums out there to people with different illness,There are sites tht offer professional advice and professional chat but not alot that offer friendship with people what are dealing with the same thing.I used to use .co.uk domains but found .net or .com are the best domains for some reason

That's really good advice. I was okay with my original site name but Google terminated my adsense account so I moved my site over to another domain I had.
You realise that it's not the domain which has been banned from AdSense, but you personally?

Check the AdSense T&C's and you will discover that you are no longer permitted to participate in the program.
Please also note that publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed any further participation in AdSense. For this reason, these publishers may not open new accounts.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=57153

So moving your site to a new domain won't resolve the AdSense problem.

Top Bottom