I wanna change my domain name again

If your banned from adsense, just create a new gmail or hotmail account for using and give a different family address and name used. IE - like your parents, sisters, daughters, sons, brothers, uncles, grandmas for example. You then will have a new account, but would be careful about using it on the same domain it banned at the time. They ain't that stupid linking both together!

I've never been banned from AdSense, but have created multiple accounts using that method. Remember, they send a cheque only to address, no different banking details are needed e.t.c.

I always have problems finding the right niche and right domain name .My last forum was a promotion forum and it did okay but to many forums out there with that niche.You need to find a niche what people want.I am in the process of opening a general chat forum but with a extra support and help forum for teens and adults with mental and physical disabilities and a few more.As there are just not enough forums out there to people with different illness,There are sites tht offer professional advice and professional chat but not alot that offer friendship with people what are dealing with the same thing.I used to use .co.uk domains but found .net or .com are the best domains for some reason
That's a real good niche because Lord knows there are a lot of retarded kids using the internet these days.
You realise that it's not the domain which has been banned from AdSense, but you personally?

Check the AdSense T&C's and you will discover that you are no longer permitted to participate in the program.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=57153

So moving your site to a new domain won't resolve the AdSense problem.
Thanks but I'm not opening it up in my name and when I get the domain approved it won't even be my new site at first, it will be another one I almost never use that I made for someone else. When that's approved I'll apply it to my new domain.

If your banned from adsense, just create a new gmail or hotmail account for using and give a different family address and name used. IE - like your parents, sisters, daughters, sons, brothers, uncles, grandmas for example. You then will have a new account, but would be careful about using it on the same domain it banned at the time. They ain't that stupid linking both together!

I've never been banned from AdSense, but have created multiple accounts using that method. Remember, they send a cheque only to address, no different banking details are needed e.t.c.
My whole policy regarding that is to just do everything different this time. I'm even applying from a different computer.

I feel like changing the domain name again. Have any of you ever had this dilemma? Not knowing what to make the site about?
Yes. I've many a forum, blog, etc, that I began to only close it a couple months later due to lack of interest / change of direction. Of all of them, one site is growing rapidly now, a newer startup is actually achieving something, we have a decade plus site that makes money and the rest... will get closed down and ideas changed to find something that works and appeases an audience market.

Nothing wrong with trial and error T8L.

I would never apply adsense or other advertising to a new site.... I wait for it to be well established and even then only for guests. Adsense revenue is pretty pointless on any new site anyway so my advice is to build the traffic to at least half a million page views a month before considering ads.

Yes. I've many a forum, blog, etc, that I began to only close it a couple months later due to lack of interest / change of direction. Of all of them, one site is growing rapidly now, a newer startup is actually achieving something, we have a decade plus site that makes money and the rest... will get closed down and ideas changed to find something that works and appeases an audience market.

Nothing wrong with trial and error T8L.
Thank Anthony. When I was a complete noob, everything was trial and error, not on purpose though, it just happens that way when your first learning. Nowadays I know what most of my errors are, some of which I can't change due to the specific goal I have in mind for the site. The vision I have for my site is a success based on hard-work. Creating copyright tutorials that are easy to understand. When I'm done doing that then I can step back from the site whether it's growing or not. At least I did what I wanted to do. I have no other motivation for running a site.
I would never apply adsense or other advertising to a new site.... I wait for it to be well established and even then only for guests. Adsense revenue is pretty pointless on any new site anyway so my advice is to build the traffic to at least half a million page views a month before considering ads.
I got on average... 2 to 3 dollars a day the first month after I began using google adsense. That is actually the average my site makes a month, sometimes it spikes around 8 dollars a day. Back then my site was new, so if 3 dollars a day is pointless to you, thats your opinion then. For me, I'm shocked that it would even make that much.
That happens when what you really wants is 'already taken'
Word.

About how long does it take for my domain change to show up in google? Links still say the8thlegion when I search for threads in google.

Alright I was able to verify both domains in google webmaster tools after which I then used an htaccess 301 redirect to my new site.

This is the only thing in my htaccess on my old domain the8thlegion.com

Code:
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.8thos.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Now the problem is, bing webmaster tools does not have a change address tool.

http://www.bing.com/community/webmaster/f/12252/t/667937.aspx

Will said:
Hi Alex,
In order to maintain your site's ranking you will have to implement a 301 redirect. This tells search engines that your site has permanently moved. Also, please don't do a blanket redirect directing all traffic from your old site to your new home page. A page-to-page redirect is more work, but gives your users a consistent and transparent experience. If there won't be a 1 to1 match between pages on your old and new site, try to make sure that every page on your old site is at least redirected to a new page with similar content.
Furthermore, please add your new site to our Bing Webmaster Tools and then submit a sitemap listing the URLs on your new site. This tells Bing that your content is now available on your new site, and that we should go and crawl it. I admit that moving is never easy but these suggestions should help ensure that none of your good web reputation falls off in the process.
Thanks

Sucks. Gonna check out yahoo explorer next.

I wouldn't even worry about bing or yahoo.
BTW. Yahoo and Bing shares same webmaster tool
Thanks man saved me some time.

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/index.php
Site Explorer Update

With the completion of algorithmic transition to Bing, Yahoo! Search has merged Site Explorer into Bing Webmaster Tools. Webmasters should now be using the Bing Webmaster Tools to ensure that their websites continue to get high quality organic search traffic from Bing and Yahoo!.

Alright my last step then is to generate a sitemap with either Jaxel's XenUtiles addon or Rigels sitemap.

lol I haven't touch the sitemap part yet. But do let me know which one you would ended up going with.
I used Jaxel's sitemap. Jaxel's sitemap generates the individual sitemaps you build in xenutiles options and puts them in yourforum/data/sitemap/ folder but the xml file will show up on your forums root. So basically, after you install the modification and generate your sitemap, your new sitemap is yourforum.com/sitemap.xml You enter that url in the sitemaps section of Google and Bing Webmaster Tools. That sitemap is then generated every couple days or so by a cron so that you don't have to mess with your sitemap ever again.

Top Bottom