1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I moved the copyright text, is that OK?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by xenTheory, Mar 20, 2013.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I've re-done the footer on my site and the copyright text simply didn't fit in where it was, so I moved it. I've retained the exact text and linkback but moved to a new div - is that OK? The link to my forum is in the signature.

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

3. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

So far as I understand it, the key is to keep it present somewhere, unless you pay a separate fee to remove it. But I find little or no value in removing copyrights for forum software and such. How many people actually look at such things and give value to those notices?

4. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Cheers for the replies.

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moving it around is fine as long as it is still there and visible.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's a sexy theme dog.

tyteen4a03 likes this.
  7. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Thanks, I've been working on themes to sell which I will soon, that current theme is based on Infinite but then I changed pretty much everything. Hoping to have the first XF theme ready in few weeks or so.

DRE likes this.
  8. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

/me also admiring the design

but bottom right corner has a muddle see scr (enlarged for clarity)
    droidprob.jpg

Ingenious likes this.
  9. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

nice theme, but bit slow.

10. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Yes agreed, same here.

11. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

The main page is way slow and it's probably due to the Google+/twitter/facebook buttons on each 'post'.
    The /forum/ loaded faster but still slow.

Nice look though.

12. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Thanks, fixed.

Slow? Hmm it shouldn't be, it does host 100's of GB of Firmware so I do know that it you have a lot of people downloading at the same time that tends to clog up the 1Gbps line it's on but I will look into that. Would you mind telling me your location?

13. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Same here, quite slow. But a great theme! How can I contact the author of the theme? Do they take on custom projects?

14. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Garamond likes this.
  15. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Wow, after looking at that skin again I don't think there's one part of the skin I haven't remade.

16. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

Hope you purchased copyright removal from Ehren...

17. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I'm assuming Ehren is creator of Infinite. And Yes, I don't remove a copyright notice without permission or buying the rights to do so. Do you?

18. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

What about translating the copyright to another language?

19. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

That's an excellent point, can someone from the XF team reply about that, I assume I can add the language string back in there?

20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can style it and move it elsewhere in the footer, but other than that it must remain as is.