I may be in the minority here--Podcast enclosure?

glorify

Just wondering if the attachment system will have the ability to include a podcast and feed to itunes like vb's did. I actually used this feature lol.

If I do take up podcasting on my site, I'll most likely use an external service, just because I feel with this my needs are more likely to be met.

vBulletins podcasting wasn't very impressive to me, and most other systems that include it as a feature do it poorly.

I was using an external podcast service at one point, and it allowed me to distribute my podcast to multiple places (Including iTunes) as well as a playlist service. I'll try to find what it was, and I'll get you the information.

It worked much better then the vBulletin  which we only tried for a month before deciding we needed a new option.

I was using an external podcast service at one point, and it allowed me to distribute my podcast to multiple places (Including iTunes) as well as a playlist service. I'll try to find what it was, and I'll get you the information.

It worked much better then the vBulletin which we only tried for a month before deciding we needed a new option.

http://libsyn.com - is a paid service, but they offer everything you'd probably need.

I can't remember the free service I used; I think they've died out actually, but there are a few good services like LibSyn that provide much better options then vBulletin did. 

for my podcast I just got some cheap web hosting and got itunes to link the podcast RSS up to that server. It's a lot cheaper than libsyn and I can track the downloads with podtrac.com - which is free.

Top Bottom