HTML Newsletter Generator - Keep Members Coming Back [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The developer closed down the project and approached us with taking it over, after the fact. There isn't even a resource in the resource manager to take over. So as it stands, no one was going to get anything from their purchase.

If you do not wish to agree to our new terms or anything like that, we entirely understand. But we haven't made any requests yet, nor did we really plan to...but all the same.

I think what we are planning is to release the add-on as it was, fix major bugs, honor existing license holders (as we always have and will), honor the previous license within reason, and then bring in some of those features into our current mailing list add-on as well. We are considering dropping the price in half as well.

Appreciate all the comments. ;) And to those actually supporting us, we see you and we love you! :)
That's brilliant to hear Mike, thanks for the additional information. :)

The fact that this add-on is being sold to Audentio/Theme House is not a good news.. Now, to upgrade this add-on or ask for support, I'm forced to agree with a new license terms (The one chosen by Theme House). Which means I have to pay more money to get almost the same level of support if not worse (based on my own experience with TH and other customers experiences).
And this is not a separate case, the same scenario is repeating itself systematically:
The developer can not support a buggy product --> sales are down --> Product is sold to a new Company --> The prices get higher with the promise to fix bugs... --> more sales until People get frustrated again about unfixed bugs --> Product is abandoned or deleted (if not sold again.)
This is happening Systematicaly with so many add-ons in RM. Its simply a way to get the maximum profit before the add-on is forgotten or deleted.

I concur 100% and I'm getting very very frustrated by the whole thing and what's really bothersome is XF doesn't seem to care one iota that their customers are being fleeced by a small handful of plug-in developers

Agree completely.

I've just went through all my paid add-ons and 65% were either removed, or resold as you've detailed.

This one being $100 going the same way is the final straw for me.

I'm refusing to purchase another add-on and growing increasingly concerned by;

I concur 100% and I'm getting very very frustrated by the whole thing and what's really bothersome is XF doesn't seem to care one iota that their customers are being fleeced by a small handful of plug-in developers

Agree completely.

I've just went through all my paid add-ons and 65% were either removed, or resold as you've detailed.

This one being $100 going the same way is the final straw for me.

I'm refusing to purchase another add-on and growing increasingly concerned by;

Well, do you have a solution for the perceived problem?

Hi all,

So we received the code from BamaStang and noticed that it wouldn't work at the scale we wanted it to, so it was completely rewritten from the ground up. It now offers:
  • Templates generated from themes
  • Multiple data types
  • Sync subscribers with mailchimp, constant contact, etc.
  • Subscribe users to whatever lists they want at registration
  • And a whole lot more
We're sending a coupon out tomorrow around 10am CST for 50% off as a courtesy. If you have questions let us know!

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-mailing-list-newsletter.5137/

So will existing customers have their existing licences honoured?
Yes, they will
Existing license holders will receive future updates. However, there isn't much that can be said yet as we've only just received the code for the add-on
We're sending a coupon out tomorrow around 10am CST for 50% off as a courtesy.
How Typical :rolleyes:

Perhaps dont make statements that you would fulfil existing licences next time? Any goodwill towards how Audentio/Themehouse/whatevertheywanttocallthemselvesnow is now gone. Personally id rather writeoff buying this addon than waste a cent on your addons ever again.

So, what happens to the $50 people paid already?

We get to pay another $30.00.. I honestly don't get why they are allowed to continue selling on here with all the lies and broken promises they spew.. What ever happened to that promise too where they were going to extend all styles for an extended 6 months free to make right on taking so long for updates..

What ever happened to that promise too where they were going to extend all styles for an extended 6 months free to make right on taking so long for updates..

All theme (Except for UI.X and UI.X dark) licenses were extended by 6 months quite a long time ago.

As for licenses for existing customers, I'm not sure we'll have to wait for Mike to reply. But, like he said, the add-on that was sent to us was not in a state that we could do anything with, so the entire thing had to be essentially scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up and integrated into our existing Mailing List add-on.

Last edited:
All licenses will be honored for support like I said. That's a courtesy and how you can be mad is beyond me we aren't the ones who abandoned these addons.

I mean we will help how we can but the code we were given just isn't usable. I don't know what you want us to do we wrote 10k lines of code.

We didn't charge you guys $50 for this add-on, that money went to the developer that didn't want to support this addon any longer. We didn't receive a dime in fact we for some reason paid for this add-on.

So the project was taken over months ago but you just 'received' the code now?

I'm confused here, sorry.

Again, I have to intervene because of personal attacks. And between two service providers. I'd expect more professionalism from both sides. If you can't respond without resorting to attacks, then don't bother.

We could release the original add-on as is if you guys want, but bug fixes would be minimal since well we decided there was a lot of little ones. We could open source it...would that be helpful?

But we rebuilt the add-on ground up, I know free is best but we not only rebuilt it but added tons of new features. And by tons I mean maybe ten times the scope of the original add-on but for technically less money. I don't know why we can never win when we are doing everything we can to be fair to the community.

Be mad at bamastang if you must, we are the guys who try to help when developers leave the market. Yet it's the same people who get upset. Please do not burden yourself with our products since you guys cannot understand the business of developing. But if you want me to explain I will make myself available.

All licenses will be honored for support like I said. That's a courtesy and how you can be mad is beyond me we aren't the ones who abandoned these addons.
Care to explain why existing license holders would not have it honoured after your staff member said it would? Isnt that back tracking - something your company has built up a reputation in doing lately?

Care to explain why existing license holders would not have it honoured after your staff member said it would? Isnt that back tracking - something your company has built up a reputation in doing lately?

At that point we did not realize how much work would have to be done to make the add-on useful, it took us weeks after paying BamaStangGuy before we got access to any code for the add-on.

That isn't true at all. We do everything we say we will as well as anyone could ask of us, and I'm happy to discuss the details if we did say things we didn't honor.

The only thing we have to slightly backtrack on is updates. The add-on code wasn't given to us until days or weeks (don't recall exactly) after we took over. We figured we'd just release as is. Our dev team took a look and said nope we cannot pass this out and charge money for it.

Would releasing the old add-on free help you out in this regard?

At that point we did not realize how much work would have to be done to make the add-on useful, it took us weeks after paying BamaStangGuy before we got access to any code for the add-on.

Are you sure? Because you made the comment whilst stating you had received the code.

See below:
Existing license holders will receive future updates. However, there isn't much that can be said yet as we've only just received the code for the add-on

Are you sure? Because you made the comment whilst stating you had received the code.

See below:

Okay, I said it when we just received it, we hadn't had time to look at it, my mistake. Keeping in mind this was months ago, I don't remember the exact timeline and didn't go back through the post. I certainly wouldn't have said that if it was after I saw the quality of the add-on that was sent to us, why would I say that knowing that we weren't going to? I planned on it being the same process as the other paid add-ons we've taken over.

That isn't true at all. We do everything we say we will as well as anyone could ask of us, and I'm happy to discuss the details if we did say things we didn't honor.

Okay, I said it when we just received it yet. We hadn't had time to look at it, my mistake.

So which is it? Its not true at all that the statement was made or that it was made when the addon was in your posession?

So which is it? Its not true at all that the statement was made or that it was made when the addon was in your posession?

I've edited the post with more details, however, the most important part of that post that you partially quoted:

The only thing we have to slightly backtrack on is updates. The add-on code wasn't given to us until days or weeks (don't recall exactly) after we took over. We figured we'd just release as is.

You will still receive basic support for the current add-on, but not future updates to the Mailing List add-on as it is, essentially, an entirely separate add-on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom