HTML Newsletter Generator - Keep Members Coming Back [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that this add-on is being sold to Audentio/Theme House is not a good news.. Now, to upgrade this add-on or ask for support, I'm forced to agree with a new license terms (The one chosen by Theme House). Which means I have to pay more money to get almost the same level of support if not worse (based on my own experience with TH and other customers experiences).
And this is not a separate case, the same scenario is repeating itself systematically:
The developer can not support a buggy product --> sales are down --> Product is sold to a new Company --> The prices get higher with the promise to fix bugs... --> more sales until People get frustrated again about unfixed bugs --> Product is abandoned or deleted (if not sold again.)
This is happening Systematicaly with so many add-ons in RM. Its simply a way to get the maximum profit before the add-on is forgotten or deleted.

Last edited:
Mike, if you could create a nice template that allows to be modified in xenforo, awesome.

I originally bought this to copy/paste into Sendy. I've begun work on modifying this a good bit...and if you need help please let me know.

The fact that this add-on is being sold to Audentio/Theme House is not a good news.. Now, to upgrade this add-on or ask for support, I'm forced to agree with a new license terms (The one chosen by Theme House). Which means I have to pay more money to get almost the same level of support if not worse (Based on my own experience with TH and other customers experiences).
And this is not a separate case, the same scenario is repeating itself systematically:
The developer can not support a buggy product --> sales are down --> Product is sold to a new Company --> The prices get higher with the promise to fix bugs... --> more sales until People get frustrated again about unfixed bugs --> Product is abandoned or deleted (if not sold again.)
This is Happening Systematicaly with so many add-ons in RM. Its simply a way to get the maximum profit before the add-on is forgotten or deleted.
I concur 100% and I'm getting very very frustrated by the whole thing and what's really bothersome is XF doesn't seem to care one iota that their customers are being fleeced by a small handful of plug-in developers

Guess it will be months now for any bug fixes happen now.

Well it's better months than never at all. Just remember that. People jump all over the fact that @Mike Creuzer and ThemeHouse is taking over all these addons. In most cases if they didn't take it over the addon would just get deleted. It seems like it's the same group everytime. What's gonna happen when ThemeHouse gets tired of all the crap and say we're done. Then 85%'ish addons available go bye bye. I'm done commenting on how the addon developers get treated well a select group of the developers anyways. Mark my words eventually people will quit wanting to develop addons for xF or if they do it will be private projects only that will cost a ton of money.

Last edited:
Well it's better months than never at all. Just remember that. People jump all over the fact that @Mike Creuzer and ThemeHouse is taking over all these addons. In most cases if they didn't take it over the addon would just get deleted. It seems like it's the same group everytime. What's gonna happen when ThemeHouse gets tired of all the crap and say we're done. Then 85%'ish addons available go bye bye. I'm done commenting on how the addon developers get treated well a select group of the developers anyways. Mark my words eventually people will quit wanting to develop addons for xF or if they do it will be private projects only that will cost a ton of money.
I'm not going to get into a debate with you on the subject obviously you have had a different experience than me. I respect your opinion and take what I can use and leave the rest. I suppose since your experiences have been positive it doesn't bother you that other people have not had the same experiences you. I don't buy products from developers that I Lost confidence in. so it really does bother me when I find out that I have to pay somebody that I have previously boycotted to keep a product that they just purchased and slapped a price sticker on only to forget about for months because their overhead is so ridiculously high. When you buy a premium skin or plug-in I expect it to be updated in a reasonable amount of time so I can use it not six months later after my subscription is half expired. Love that they have enough time to put prices on their products yet don't have enough time to update them or fix them if you're gonna put a price sticker On a previously free product at least work the bugs out first

I'm not going to get into a debate with you on the subject obviously you have had a different experience than me. I respect your opinion and take what I can use and leave the rest. I suppose since your experiences have been positive. I don't buy products from developers that I don't think are up to par so it really does bother me when I find out that I have to pay somebody that I have previously boycotted to keep a product that they just purchased and slapped a price sticker on only to forget about for months because their overhead is so ridiculously high. When you buy a premium skin or plug-in I expect it to be updated in a reasonable amount of time so I can use it not six months later after my subscription is half expired

Look I agree that maybe someone else that has more available time should have picked this addon up and fixed/updated it but my point is still valid if ThemeHouse didn't pick this addon up then it would have just vanished from the RM and then nobody gets updates. I agree updates should happen quicker and all but isn't it better to get an update than to never get one at all? That's all I am saying it's better to finally get an update even if it is 2-3 months down the line than to not get one at all and then your money would really have been wasted. For what it's worth yes I have had a positive experience with @Mike Creuzer and his company and no I'm not basing my opinion of this matter on the fact I consider Mike a friend. ThemeHouse has a full plate and they didn't need one more thing added to it, but again the fact remains atleast they picked it up and will fix the issues and update the resource and not just let it waste away.

Would I rather a product just sat in the resource manager Unmaintained indefinitely? Of course not. But if nobody speaks up these discrepancies won't go away on their own.

Perhaps the topic is better suited for its own thread, since it's not just Audentio.

So will existing customers have their existing licences honoured?

The day i bought this addon, i regretted it. Was extremely buggy and uninstalled straight away.

Also needs support for Bob's showcase, AMS, and other addons. Last we heard it was being developed, and then it was very close to being released before the developer threw a sook and deleted the addon from sales here.

I certainly hope this addon gets fixed up, as a proper newsletter addon would be great for the community. However with the previous buyout of waindigo's addons and then subsequent lack of bug fixes whilst free addons becoming paid does not leave me with a high level of confidence that the same wont happen here.

Good luck.

The read more link always goes to the last sponsored thread. So you have to manually remove all mentions of it.
Featured threads doesn't work.
A new members list was agreed to be brought into the project.
Social media icons don't work so we manually did all that ourselves.
Just a few other things really.

Hmm.

The developer closed down the project and approached us with taking it over, after the fact. There isn't even a resource in the resource manager to take over. So as it stands, no one was going to get anything from their purchase.

If you do not wish to agree to our new terms or anything like that, we entirely understand. But we haven't made any requests yet, nor did we really plan to...but all the same.

I think what we are planning is to release the add-on as it was, fix major bugs, honor existing license holders (as we always have and will), honor the previous license within reason, and then bring in some of those features into our current mailing list add-on as well. We are considering dropping the price in half as well.

Appreciate all the comments. ;) And to those actually supporting us, we see you and we love you! :)

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-back-paid-deleted.90770/page-20#post-1045311 I think would be a good starting point, and read the 5 pages up until now. I would expect the developer could get a good handle on where the add-on sits
Merely a friendly request for suggestions. I appreciate the suggestion to just read though :P
Wondering if there is any news/updates regarding existing license holders and this addon?
Working on it this week. :) Had to hear back from the previous developer for list of customers, etc.

Basically it needs rolled back to the previous version. It's missing all its features except for the ability to mail users.

What do you mean exactly?

Now, to upgrade this add-on or ask for support, I'm forced to agree with a new license terms (The one chosen by Theme House).

Nothing is likely to change. Our terms are extremely simple and fairly standard with most developer's paid licenses

Your pretty lucky there.. From his lack of replies to both posts and tickets from me, I think I been added to his ignore list to be honest.. Their respect or really lack of it, to their paying clients is unacceptable.

There are no tickets from you that didn't receive a timely response.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-back-paid-deleted.90770/page-20#post-1045311 I think would be a good starting point, and read the 5 pages up until now. I would expect the developer could get a good handle on where the add-on sits

We will review it, and see what we can do

So will existing customers have their existing licences honoured?

Yes, they will

Wondering if there is any news/updates regarding existing license holders and this addon?

Existing license holders will receive future updates. However, there isn't much that can be said yet as we've only just received the code for the add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom