HTC Evo

You'll get used to the screen keyboard. You can switch between the default and Swype keyboards, I don't know if you know that. I like the Swype keyboard for most things.

The real problem you would have with Verizon, Peggy is that you are use to being able to doing two things at once, being able to talk and browse if need be on your phone. Verizon does not have that capability at all.

Also, if you do decide to stay with the iPhone, there is MOST likely, given their track record, a new one due out this summer that will replace the iPhone 4.

The real problem you would have with Verizon, Peggy is that you are use to being able to doing two things at once, being able to talk and browse if need be on your phone. Verizon does not have that capability at all.

Also, if you do decide to stay with the iPhone, there is MOST likely, given their track record, a new one due out this summer that will replace the iPhone 4.
That's true, in fact I can do 3 things at once on my iPhone - talk, search, and browse.

I'm using the Desire HD and I'm also loving the large screen, 1ghz processor and speed of the phone!
Who do you have Desire HD with? I've not seen that particular phone.

I don't believe Peggy is on Verizon, but yes, that is true.
There have been times I'd like to have phone and internet, like while talking and using the GPS.
I'm not sure if the new Verizon network will allow both.
But that is neither here nor there.

But more important is to have a reliable network.

I don't believe Peggy is on Verizon, but yes, that is true.
There have been times I'd like to have phone and internet, like while talking and using the GPS.
I'm not sure if the new Verizon network will allow both.
But that is neither here nor there.

But more important is to have a reliable network.
I knew Peggy wasn't on Verizon cause she currently has an iPhone and that hasn't yet been released to Verizon.
Unlike what most people think, I have reliable service and have had reliable service for years with AT&T. My worst experience with a cell carrier was with Verizon.

According to the news reports, the iPhone on Verizon will not be able to multitask like the iPhone on AT&T. Also, even tho ALL carriers in the US have the 4G LTE network (and yes, so does AT&T because the ITU relaxed the standards), the current iPhone can not be used on the "4G" network, it is only capable of 3G speed, regardless of network. That, HOPEFULLY, will change with the next one released or with the next OS update.

So if you want an smart phone capable of 4G speed, do not invest in an iPhone at this point in time.

Who do you have Desire HD with? I've not seen that particular phone.
My Desire HD is with O2, though they don't officially support it. I know you can get it with Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-Mobile.. etc. But I think they're all UK-exclusive networks.

You'll have to Google to see if it's available on the networks you're after. I assure you though, it's an amazing phone!

Personally I'm liking the Evo for the larger screen, as my eyes are slowly going bad.
I have very very bad eyes, the retina display on iPhone4 beats a bigger screen.
The 3 finger double tap to zoom in on full screen in any app, is supreme to any other phone out there.

I've played around with over 20 android phones now, and while impressed with a few things on each individual ones, the iPhone4 is not a regretful purchase. Especially for my bad eyes.

I am glad I didn't go with the 3gs, and I am glad i didn't fall for the trick of having half or a full inch more on the android phones.

According to the news reports, the iPhone on Verizon will not be able to multitask like the iPhone on AT&T. Also, even tho ALL carriers in the US have the 4G LTE network (and yes, so does AT&T because the ITU relaxed the standards), the current iPhone can not be used on the "4G" network, it is only capable of 3G speed, regardless of network. That, HOPEFULLY, will change with the next one released or with the next OS update.

So if you want an smart phone capable of 4G speed, do not invest in an iPhone at this point in time.
The HTC Evo, however, is a 4G phone and can and will be used on the 4G network when Sprint moves it into my area later this summer. Which is one of the reasons I'm leaning towards the Evo.

What are the download and upload speeds of 4G when you get it?
At the moment the 3g in the Netherlands is capped at 2mbit down and 1mbit up. But other providers have 7 and 14mbit down and 1mbit up.

I simply ask, because I do not know enough about 4g, besides that everybody just called 'faster than 3g, so its 4g' and has their own version.

What are the download and upload speeds of 4G when you get it?
At the moment the 3g in the Netherlands is capped at 2mbit down and 1mbit up. But other providers have 7 and 14mbit down and 1mbit up.

I simply ask, because I do not know enough about 4g, besides that everybody just called 'faster than 3g, so its 4g' and has their own version.
haha very true. TBH I don't know Floris, but I was about to Google it, so will report it here.

tnx
I am sure iPhone5 will come with a 4g supporting chip in case verizon supports it, or EU countries. Or otherwise a combined solution in 2012 for the iPhone6.

Plus, i am quite happy with the only 2mbit connection. it's more than most of my US friends have as dedicated "broadband internet" at home ..

The problem is coverage and keeping connected. 14mbit 3g helps with dealing with the lag, overhead, etc, .. hopefully tmobile netherlands will start competing with kpn/vodaphone and increase the speeds, rather than give a cap to everybody (like they've done retardedly in the UK)

This is what I found, from last March when they first started rolling it out. "early trials of 4G are showing peak download speeds of 40 to 50 megabits per second and peak upload speeds of 20 to 25 megabits per second. I haven't found anything about what the normal speeds have seen.

They're talking about how some carriers are tying their 4G "future" to WiMax while others are using LTE.

That's great, they same was announced with 3g, but they still limit it due to their low-quality end points and pressure on the connections.

Peaking singular to 50megabit is fine, but with 50,000 customers on the network in a small area .. Good luck.

I will go browse around local stores here asking what their opinion and expectation of 4g in the NL is.

That's great, they same was announced with 3g, but they still limit it due to their low-quality end points and pressure on the connections.

Peaking singular to 50megabit is fine, but with 50,000 customers on the network in a small area .. Good luck.

I will go browse around local stores here asking what their opinion and expectation of 4g in the NL is.
Please report back what you find, if you don't mind. :)

No, that's for the EVO ;)
ok, so what is a Swype keyboard? I've only been using the screen keyboard.

OH HOLY COW! I googled and found a demo on youtube. I AM SOLD!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom