HTC Evo

(And if you have Sprint, what would you recommend? I'm thinking about upgrading to the new EVO Shift soon [currently on an LG Rumor 2]; I want a slider, first of all.) :)

I'm with AT&T, but wanting to move to Sprint. I LOVE my iPhone tho and didn't want to lose it so have stayed with AT&T. But the service now is making moving a necessity.
I went to Sprint today to see what I could get to compare to my iPhone and she whipped out this HTC Evo. I LOVE it.

A friend of mine has an Evo an loves it. Especially the large screen.
I have no experience with iOS but have liked Android since I bought my Droid more 13 months ago.

Good to see people loving Android :)

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S myself, amazing phone with the right modifications :)

(And if you have Sprint, what would you recommend? I'm thinking about upgrading to the new EVO Shift soon [currently on an LG Rumor 2]; I want a slider, first of all.) :)
IF I were to get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd have to get one where the buttons are spaced. I had an LG Lotus when I was with Sprint a few years ago, and the buttons are tiny and right up at each other. Made it extremely hard to text.

The one feature that I like almost as much as the larger screen, is that you can speak text. Rather than typing your text, you talk it into the phone and it sends the text. Pretty cool.

IF I were to get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd have to get one where the buttons are spaced. I had an LG Lotus when I was with Sprint a few years ago, and the buttons are tiny and right up at each other. Made it extremely hard to text.

The one feature that I like almost as much as the larger screen, is that you can speak text. Rather than typing your text, you talk it into the phone and it sends the text. Pretty cool.
Yeah; I saw that feature was highlighted on the site...I'm curious as to how well it works, though, especially if I were to say names, etc. It would be a nice feature for sending a message on the fly, though (faster than typing it). :)

Details please. What do you love about it. :)
I love the way I can make it my OWN. Can cange the style, backgrounds, etc. Love the way I can choose what widgets to run. Very customizable to me. Large screen is a huge plus. Battery is the biggest knock, you'll see by reviews, but I get through a day with little to know issues. I have a car charger for the ride home from work if I need it.

I love the way I can make it my OWN. Can cange the style, backgrounds, etc. Love the way I can choose what widgets to run. Very customizable to me. Large screen is a huge plus. Battery is the biggest knock, you'll see by reviews, but I get through a day with little to know issues. I have a car charger for the ride home from work if I need it.
Can you add your own? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you could only use specific ones, which I hope is not the case.

Here's a screenshot from my home screen back in December. It has changed a zillion times since lol.

post-2298-062711100 1291653210.webp

Sprint has a big event happening on February 7th. You might want to hold off until that announcement. The EVO has been out since June, so there are likely a few new phones in the pipeline. The EVO Shift 4G is nice, but it's a smaller display.

Top Bottom