HTC Evo

I actually DO like the Evo, I'm just really concerned about the battery life. I use my iphone online ALOT.
And I'm afraid they won't have my favorite games to download. :(
in day 1, i scared too much with my android phone's battery life, it was 10 hours without doing anything with the phone, now it is 2 days with mid useage.

you will have widgets and you need to turn the things off like 4g-3g to 2g or wifi, also remove some battery enemy widgets (like facebook widget). one click to turn off and on - easy.
just dont worry about battery life.

htc sense is good but after some time it may be boring. and if you are getting bored with your phone that means you need to dive into the amazing world of androids custom roms (you will find treasures on xda) (hey, start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865204 ) :p

You are living in a dream land, the US. things are cheap there and you can easily switch 'em. Here in Turkey, an iphone4 (16gb) is 1250USD!
Wish to be there and taste all the phones, buy on ebay and sell next week :D

Looks like I may very well be making the switch to Sprint and HTC Evo.
Verizon's prices are too high for me, and with AT&T recent rate hike and them messing up my DSL - again - I'm ready for a change.

I have a Blackberry Curve and have been thinking of getting Android. I'm attached to my BB keyboard and could care less about widget, gimmick.

Any suggestion?

I have a Blackberry Curve and have been thinking of getting Android. I'm attached to my BB keyboard and could care less about widget, gimmick.

Any suggestion?
haha tbh the Blackberry Curve has been in my radar as well, but decided on the Evo.

lol, I do too. I'll just have to always keep the charger close at hand.
There are many ways to conserve power.
Keep all services off unless you need them.
There is no reason to have GPS on all the time.
Turn on blue tooth only when you need it.
You don't need to constantly be syncing things.
Buy an extra battery!

I don't do a lot of browsing on my Droid and don't even use the phone that much.
Mostly I'm checking email and checking in with Tapatalk.
My battery can last for days.

When I travel, use the GPS and on the phone a lot I go through 2 batteries in a day.

I use my phone A LOT. I text quite a bit, receive more texts than I send, get my email through the phone if not at home, and on the 3 nights I work, I use it for everything.
I use the bluetooth only when on the road, which isn't much if I can possibly help it (I'm a homebody), and have gotten into the habit of turning off all apps on my iPhone.
How much does an extra battery cost, do you know?

I'd like to get a 4G phone but I'm afraid of the tiered pricing that seems to be promised to occur in the near future, at least Verizon's version. Right now I'm using an HTC Incredible with an extended battery. It easily lasts a full day and more and I'm a heavy user. As a business phone it is far better than the iPhone, which isn't built for business and easy file access. The Droid X seems intriguing although it is virtually the equivalent of the Incredible and I prefer HTC products. It will be interesting to see what is on the horizon for mobile phone products this year.

Looks like I may very well be making the switch to Sprint and HTC Evo.
Verizon's prices are too high for me, and with AT&T recent rate hike and them messing up my DSL - again - I'm ready for a change.
Let me know what you think of it if you do decide to switch. :)

And the Droid 2 has a better keyboard that the original Droid.
I don't find myself using the keyboard as much as I used to.
I've gotten used to using the screen.
I was really hoping I would be able to get used to using the screen keyboard, but being used to typing with both thumbs on a regular phone keyboard, the screen keyboard is irritating because I make so many mistakes and end up having to type with one finger (like now). I feel like I've taken a step backwards.

Top Bottom