How would you pay for a style?

The systems are

• Total voters
For you to know: I am really interested in direct payment, just want to figure out how many people are actually ready to use this method.

For you to know: I am really interested in direct payment, just want to figure out how many people are actually ready to use this method.

In most cases when I'm buying from an unknown online I'm more reluctant to enter my credit card to their website than to use Paypal. I know I can more easily do a charge back with my card, but there is a whole lot of hassle involved and if it's for just $35 or whatever styles are going for these days it's easier to write it off than go through the hassle.

OTOH, for large purchases, I prefer not to use Paypal because if I get ripped off, Paypal won't do jack for me and my credit card will grab my money back in a heartbeat.

So, I guess that it really depends on your price point for me. If you're doing one-off, high end designs for hundreds of dollars, then it might make sense to setup with a merchant account. If you're setting up a template shop type business where you're getting under fifty bucks per style, then I'd say go with Paypal until you start getting volume of over a couple thousand a month in revenue.

I use PayPal for these kinds of purchases, and this person....
In most cases when I'm buying from an unknown online I'm more reluctant to enter my credit card to their website than to use Paypal. I know I can more easily do a charge back with my card, but there is a whole lot of hassle involved and if it's for just $35 or whatever styles are going for these days it's easier to write it off than go through the hassle.
...Said it best. :)

It might be $20 or $35 but your card number is displayed to the merchant if you do it from card to card. You don't know if that person is malicious or not.

I use Paypal because it's easy and all I need is a password to do online transactions

But, if I make a purchase through it, to an unknown site, or merchant, I ALWAYS use a credit card, especially so if the item isn't covered by Paypal's crappy seller/buyer policies.

That way at least, if Paypal refuse to intervene or help when there's a problem, you can reverse the transaction through your credit card company.

In some cases, people only accept paypal anyways, especially small merchants.

oops.gif

lol...getting bagged.

Paypal...unless you live close enough for me to drive to where you are at to hand you money personally.

Top Bottom