Will you pay for this ?

ashwinmk

I was thinking of a Saas product that lets forum owners/admins create bot accounts on their behalf. These bots will get the best content from social media and post it to specific threads that you want to update regularly.

For example, I run a military forum. I have written a script that gets all the content from specific twitter handles (official army, news, aviation publications etc) and posts it periodically on my forum.

It makes my forum more active and users get quality content continuously.

What do you think? Will you pay for such a service?

I was thinking of a Saas product that lets forum owners/admins create bot accounts on their behalf. These bots will get the best content from social media and post it to specific threads that you want to update regularly.

For example, I run a military forum. I have written a script that gets all the content from specific twitter handles (official army, news, aviation publications etc) and posts it periodically on my forum.

It makes my forum more active and users get quality content continuously.

What do you think? Will you pay for such a service?

I'd say some level of curation or smarts is needed as I'm weary of adding bots to post in my main forums. Something to check for duplication, content weight etc etc. Some approval levels also.

I'm also not a fan of embedding social media as it drives traffic away so it would have to be legally scraping and attributing content likely against the TOS of each platform. The idea is good but execution is key.

I'd say some level of curation or smarts is needed as I'm weary of adding bots to post in my main forums. Something to check for duplication, content weight etc etc. Some approval levels also.

I'm also not a fan of embedding social media as it drives traffic away so it would have to be legally scraping and attributing content likely against the TOS of each platform. The idea is good but execution is key.
Yes, I agree with the curation part. Owner/Admin should have full control over it.

Just to be clear, its not embedding SM posts but it will be extracting text and media and posting it to a specific thread. (I'm using it in a specific 'updates' thread )

Thank you for reminding the legality part. Usually these social media companies encourage sharing. Let's see.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with the curation part. Owner/Admin should have full control over it.

Just to be clear, its not embedding SM posts but it will be extracting text and media and posting it to a specific thread. (I'm using it in a specific 'updates' thread )

Thank you for reminding the legality part. Usually these social media companies encourage sharing. Let's see.

Yes sharing using their embed code. Legally they own the copyright to the content. You should definitely check.

Top Bottom