XF 1.2 How to view / export list of users (id's, Username, etc.) for specific criteria?

ProCom

I often find reasons to see a list of all users that match certain criteria and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without going directly into the DB?

I know the "email users" does some of this, but it only returns a list of emails and not userID's, and not in a nice format that I could leverage in Excel (like a CSV).

For example: I have a lot of member that don't have avatars. I'd love to see a list of all users that don't have avatars (there is an option in the "Notices" feature to target these users) and then send them a notice to load an avatar. I'd then run the report again to see how effective the notices were at getting people to load avatars.

Other examples:
  • I want a list of all user ID's that have logged in during the past 60
  • All member ID's that have at least 200 posts
  • A list of # of posts per member for members that have been registered for at least 5 years
  • etc.
Is there any way to do this in the core or via an addon, or do I need to go direct to the DB to pull this data?

Also, if it is via the DB, is there a way to run queries from within the admin section vs. going into something link phpmyadmin?

Thanks much!

Also, if it is via the DB, is there a way to run queries from within the admin section vs. going into something link phpmyadmin?

I suggest you learn how to write php scripts. You can then create scripts that get exactly the information you want and output it to the screen or send emails etc..

Your custom scripts can be called via a bookmark from your browser at any time or by cron on a schedule.

Thanks Andy. I'd really like to find a way to do this within xF or via an addon. I could probably cobble together some php code or just run the queries in PhpMyAdmin, but that would take hours for me and maybe longer for others that would like to access similar information that don't have programming experience. I'd love to see something that the lay person could just run from within xF and get the data into an export.

Top Bottom