Send email to a list of users?

Ludachris

I need to send a message to a list of 673 members, as this message pertains to them specifically. I was thinking of using the Email Users function in the ACP under the Communication nav, but I'm not sure how to input multiple usernames into the Username field. Is that possible? I can separate them by commas. Looks like the same thing with the Message Users function. I suppose I could start a Conversation on the front-end, but would that be feasible with that many usernames?

What other options would I have?

it might be easiest to run a query to assign them to a secondary usergroup and then use the group id in the acp for the email.

i don't have time at the moment to write the query.

idea would be to update the secondary user group field with current value +,newgroupid where user_id in (your,list)
then rebuild user cache

if you go down this route, i can help later.

i don't have time at the moment to write the query.

idea would be to update the secondary user group field with current value +,newgroupid where user_id in (your,list)
then rebuild user cache

if you go down this route, i can help later.
No worries Brian. I think I might just try Andy's add-on, OR, do you guys know if there is a limit on how many users you can tag/mention in a single post? Maybe I'll just create a post and tag/mention them all.

Is there anything specific in the profiles? For example you can email based on their profile fields. In one instance instead of a group, I have a Yes/No type profile field, so I would be able to email all the Yes members.

Is there anything specific in the profiles? For example you can email based on their profile fields. In one instance instead of a group, I have a Yes/No type profile field, so I would be able to email all the Yes members.
No, not really, but I do need to set something up like that to take advantage of XF's capabilities with user profiles more.

Top Bottom