MG 1.1 How to Upload a video from a URL in XFMG

Dadparvar

Hi,

While adding new image in XFMG, I have "Upload an image from a URL". But for adding video, there isn't any option to upload it from a URL.

Should I do anything to activate it? or there is no such an option? If so, will this be added in future updates?

Regards,
Hamed

You can't upload from a URL, only from your computer.

You can though embed a video from a URL.
I try it, but its not accepted.
I paste a direct link to a mp4 file, but it says: That is not a valid URL for a media site
How to embed a video with direct link?
And are users able to download embed videos?

Embedding a video allows you to embed things like YouTube videos in the gallery. It works on the bb code media site system that embeds videos in forum posts.

If you want to upload and host your own MP4 files then you have to upload them.

Well that applies to any site with embedded video content, but I assumed the question was related to a Media Gallery function and therefore my response stands.

We have more than 4000 audio and video files (all about law) and uploaded in server, so we have direct links to all of them.
And re uploading them are really boring.
Also we want to let users download them too.
These files are not in any media site. And we are first place that want to share these media with students and lawyers and judges and...
So I wish there was a way to upload them through URL. Uploading these amount of files (at least the videos, because XFMG is not supporting audio files yet) will take long time.

Top Bottom