How to setup the icon of forum powered by XenForo software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I noticed that

The icon of the XenForo forums is:
upload_2014-12-13_1-44-40.webp

The icon of the Admin zone forums is:

upload_2014-12-13_1-45-7.webp

I am wondering how to do an icon to a forum powered by XenForo software.

Once you purchase a license, you will get definitive answers. You have left the realm of pre sales questions and entered support. It is configurable.

Thanks a lot,

First: I am really expecting that if I own an existing website, for instance 'SouthArabia.com',(So far, my website has an icon), and then if I want to integrate a forum, I simply go to buy XenForo for $140 plus VAT and then I can get support. Thus, my website 'SouthArabia.com' will have a forum powered by XenForo.

Second: But could you kindly enlighten me a little bit, since I really noticed that each website on the internet has an icon shown in front of its domain name (especially, this icon is shown once URL of the website is saved in Programs Storing the Logins of Websites, such as Norton Identity Safe). Thus, I think that domain name of website created at web builder service, itself, has the icon, and XenForo software does nothing with icon as long as the Xenforo software will be installed on the web-hosting space. I.e. website will have domain name, and the icon. However, Xenforo software will be only installed in the web-hosting space to add a forum. I can run my website hosted on web-hosting service without needing to have a XenForo installed. If I need to extned my website to include a forum, then I will only need to purchase and install 'XenForo software.

As a conclusion, if I buy a domain name and hosting at the same company (web-hosing-building service), then I definitely end up with a website(will contain web-hosting space, and will have an icon). So far, I can lunch my website on the internet without needing to install XenForo forum software. However, If I want to integrate a forum, then, I simply buy XenForo for $140, and get a forum into my website (in a blank space).
As a result, not XenFor adds this icon, however, my website has this icon before isntalling 'XenForo Forum Software.

You really should be asking these hosting type questions on a website such as WebHostingTalk. What you are asking has nothing to do with XenForo pre-sales.

Google favicon in answer to your question about the logo.

Thank you both of you very much indeed,

Could you please understand me? I think that my questions are related to XenForo pre-sales . If you kindly have a look again to my previous post, you will find that I've been asking about:
First: Each Website has domain name, and a logo. Thus, I am really expecting that if I own an existing website, for instance 'SouthArabia.com', thus, So far, my website has an icon, although the XenForon is not yet installed), and then if I want to integrate a forum, I simply go to buy XenForo for $140 plus VAT and then I can get support. Thus, my website 'SouthArabia.com' will have a forum powered by XenForo. I will end up with a website having a forum.

Second: could you kindly enlighten me a little bit, since I really noticed that each website on the internet has an icon shown in front of its domain name (especially, this icon is shown once URL of the website is saved in Programs Storing the Logins of Websites, such as Norton Identity Safe). Thus, I think that domain name of website created at web builder service, itself, has the icon, and XenForo software does nothing with icon as long as the Xenforo software will be installed on the web-hosting space. I.e. website will have domain name, and the icon. However, Xenforo software will be only installed in the web-hosting space to add a forum. I can run my website hosted on web-hosting service without needing to have a XenForo installed. If I need to extned my website to include a forum, then I will only need to purchase and install 'XenForo software.

SouthArabia.com would not be classified as a website... it is a domain.
Once you have a registered domain you then obtain hosting for said domain.
Once you have hosting then you decide what script you want to place on your host (WordPress, XenForo, myBB, phpBB, etc)
Once you have decided which script, you then install it.
Once you install it you then configure it.
Once you configure it you then customize it to fit your needs (each script will be different on how to customize it).
If you install a CMS similar to WordPress you can further integrate a forum with it - which again is a little more complicated and requires the install, configure, customization routine of the initial site.
Once customized you sit back and realize you now have a bottomless money pit to feed. :p

The majority of your questions have nothing to do with direct XenForo sales, but are more or less hosting related questions (how do I set up/obtain a domain, etc).
Your logo will be designed by you or someone you hire. If you are talking about a favicon (as @MattW mentioned) it is a simple image that is placed in the root of your site - Google is your friend).

This thread is a repeat of your original one and nothing to do with pre-sales questions related to XenForo.

I have already directed you to a general admin forum, which is where questions of this nature are better suited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom