1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to seperate categorys on forum home

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DieselMinded, Mar 20, 2011.

1. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

so they are not all connected , how do you make the category top the header of that category then have a space then the next one so on and so forth .

just to let people know.....
    i use the search feature on here for things like this and even use google with "xenforo" in front of my search terms , i dont start a thread unless i cant find the solution on my own

I dont know if i search wrong or what, like this...

the show us your xenforo thread thats stuck in off topic wont show up in a search for "show us your xenforo"

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean like this?

forum.PNG

If so you will have to modify the sectionMain and .nodeList .node.level_1 classes.

3. DieselMinded

i
    Indeed, is there a tutorial on here ?

4. Brogan

There might be somewhere but trying to find it could be a bit tricky.

5. DieselMinded

well i could install a style thats like that , copy and paste the templates then delete the style ...... may be faster than searching for it :D

6. Brogan

Try adding this to EXTRA.css
    Code:
    .sectionMain {
    border: none;
    }

.nodeList .node.level_1 {
    border: 1px solid @primaryLighter;
    border-radius: 10px;
    padding: 10px;
    }

This may impact on other elements or pages, I haven't checked.

DieselMinded likes this.
  7. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

This is a small edit by Jake Bunce

8. DieselMinded

Brogan .... your batting 1000 tonight !!! Perfect THANK YOU

9. DieselMinded

10. Brogan

See, I said it might be around somewhere :D

Actually Jake's method may be better as it won't affect anything else using the class.
    The only minor issue is you will have to reapply the edits if the templates become outdated after an upgrade.

11. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

The forum icons are inside a div class that is inside another div class that is inside another div class. You'd have to take them out of that div class to get them set up as you would like. You'll have to do some template edits to achieve what you want. Might be harder than it looks.

12. DieselMinded

isnt there some sort of float css to where i can bring them to the front and move them over?