XF 1.1 How to make threads hidden upon posting?

Xantam

Hi there.

I want to make an Application forum whereby when applications are submitted, they become instantly hidden. This is possible vanilla with the "Moderation queue" button on the top left of the screen, which the number ticks up and up.

I keep the applications hidden for several reasons, privacy being among the most serious. Obviously... :P But one of my mods made a fatal error of messing with that queue, thinking he was approving an application personally, when infact he approved it for public viewing. All the details of 20+ people were made public that day.

I am looking for a plugin if possible, or an alteration in code (Which I'd need in depth guides on how to...) to make it so I can assign moderators to a forum, which can read a thread posted by ANY user which becomes hidden. I want anyone to be able to create a thread, instantly hidden, out of the moderation queue, and only specific mods able to see it.

Any help is very much appreciated,
Kind regards
Hardy

Hi Jake!

That is what I've been doing, however just piles them up in the Moderation Queue, and enables every mod to see them, which I don't want.

Any other possible way?

As you can see in the image provided; I don't want the threads posted in the application/ban request forums to appear on the moderation queue, and also want to make it so anyone can post there, the thread becomes immediately hidden, and I can chose who can see the threads there.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14aa7vp.png

Why not just use node permissions? Setup so the registered users group cannot view posts in that forum, but some other moderator group (where you add your trusted mods) can.

I checked around it, and it doesn't seem to do what I actually want it to do. I want to set who can view the threads in a specific forum, and for them not to be in the moderation queue... Am I explaining this wrong, or do you not understand what I'm on about? :P

Why not have your registered and guest user group's permissions set like this for that forum:

Screen Shot 2012-07-09 at 7.23.33 PM.webp
..and your moderator group's permissions set like this for that forum:
Screen Shot 2012-07-09 at 7.23.36 PM.webp

Top Bottom