XF 2.1 Forum with sub-forums: how to make threads appear in both the forum and the specific sub

entelechy

I've got a forum which I've just created 6 subforums for. Initially the threads were all still in a big group, with 6 empty subforums above. But as I've moved each thread to a specific subforum they're then removed from the general forum. Is there some way that in the forum (with 6 subforums above threads) that what's displayed there can still be a combination of the most recent threads from all 6 subforums as well as any thread which are posted to the forum but not to one of the 6 subforums?

Hey, thanks for that. Have installed it but posts in child forums still aren't reflecting in the parent forum. Did you make this addon or have used it before?

There's also this one by Xon, just so you know:

But yeah, unless you need the extra features, save yourself $25 and use the one by S. Thomas. I do.

I find this method so much cleaner and efficient.
Prefixes are a great help, but that doesn't mean they will allow every forum owner/admin to get rid of all subnodes. Depends on the site and content. I use a lot of prefixes (and also use the two prefix addon's by Xon), but I want only so many prefixes on threads, especially if they're prefixes with longer names, and I've found it easier in some situations to force users to choose between certain nodes to post to rather than leave it up to them to decide what prefixes to add.

Top Bottom