XF 1.1 How to get VB4 URLs to Re-direct

AdamU

I've just installed XenForo in the same directory that my VBulletin was on. I've imported all the threads and remember it saying something about archiving ID (which I chose to do, even though I didn't really understand it) but the old URLs are indexed by search engines. Can I get the old address to re-direct to the new thread URLs?

Oh dear, this isn't going smoothly.

I've used VBSEO but I haven't seen this in the admin for it:
screen-shot-2011-12-13-at-11-24-44-pm-png.22584

Downloaded this http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.7584/, then uploaded the contents of standard-basic-advanced/upload to my forum root.

The instruction says "If your old rewrite rules are still in place, your URLs may work at this stage. If not, continue to install a route-based alternative: (and be sure to disable any remaining vB4 rewrite rules as they may interfere with the routes)" I don't know how to do that. The htaccess only contains info from Xenforo and I've deactivated the VBSEO plugin. What else do I need to do?

I uploaded the contents of mod_rewrite/upload to my forum root.

I installed the XML file.

Then I changed the 301config.php file as explained here http://xenforo.com/help/import-redirection/ to "define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log');>"

Any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Thanks. My old URLs looked like this http://www.3dsbuzz.com/3ds-forum/ni...fical-3ds-buzz-pushmo-pullblox-database-5694/ so I picked "Source: 002 - Hierarchic directory type URLs with content relevant threads (used at www.vBSEO.com)" and now my .htaccess file looks like this:

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule f[\d]+/.+-([\d]+)/index([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule f[\d]+/.+-([\d]+)/ showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]
RewriteRule f([\d]+)/index([\d]+).html forumdisplay.php?f=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule f([\d]+)/ forumdisplay.php?f=$1 [NC,L]

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>
I've uploaded the files from within the "vb" folder of "import-301-vbulletin-v6.zip" to my forum root.

I'm afraid I'm still not getting anywhere. Any more ideas? I really appreciate your help.

I'm about to do the same. I have Vbulletin in root and plan on placing Xenforo in the same place. Is it correct to delete all Vbulletin/Vbseo files before Xenforo install?
I'm assuming the following is the correct procedure?

1. Get .htaccess file sorted with rewrite rules.
2. Delete all Vbulletin/Vbseo files
3. Place Kier's redirect scripts in root.
4. Install Xenforo/Import Data.

If someone could confirm that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'm about to do the same. I have Vbulletin in root and plan on placing Xenforo in the same place. Is it correct to delete all Vbulletin/Vbseo files before Xenforo install?
I'm assuming the following is the correct procedure?

1. Get .htaccess file sorted with rewrite rules.
2. Delete all Vbulletin/Vbseo files
3. Place Kier's redirect scripts in root.
4. Install Xenforo/Import Data.

If someone could confirm that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I personally would install XF in a different directory so you can get everything working before replacing vB. But yes, that process is correct.

I personally would install XF in a different directory so you can get everything working before replacing vB. But yes, that process is correct.

Thank you, I did what you suggested and got it switched over.

Just one thing for anyone else doing it this way. I had one problem: I installed Xenforo in /forums folder first and then moved the install to root. I was having a little trouble with clicking on forum links and getting error pages. I had forgotten to delete the install in the /forums folder. After I deleted it, problem solved. Hope that helps someone in the future.

Thank you, I did what you suggested and got it switched over.

Just one thing for anyone else doing it this way. I had one problem: I installed Xenforo in /forums folder first and then moved the install to root. I was having a little trouble with clicking on forum links and getting error pages. I had forgotten to delete the install in the /forums folder. After I deleted it, problem solved. Hope that helps someone in the future.

I will be trying this soon with my VB4 + VBSEO, so did you use Kier's redirection scripts for VB3 in the end rather than the VB4 ones? :confused:

Top Bottom