How to create an invite forum / private forum with forms or invitation?

NandorHUN

Hi Guys!

I want to create a 2nd forum for a selected user group / or a private node. The thing is I know the selected group but Im not sure what's the best way to do it.

First thing: should I create a 2nd forum and with Mulisite System sync the login data and give them extra permission?
Or simply a restricted category?

How should I filter the selected group from the users? What's the best way to do it? Forms that they have to fill in if they want to participate? If so how to do it?
Invitations ? If so how to do it?

What's the best way to do this?

Basically my forum is for a customer service and I want to give the "providers" and extra, but private forum that they can discuss the metters.

To be exact: it would be a medical forum, and the "providers" are the doctors. So basically I want to create an "MD only forum" as well...

Thanks for the help!

Create a node

set it to be a Private Node

create a user group

assign rights on the node only to that group.

Add users who are supposed to be able to access the node to that group.

Given your parameters, probably safest to do the assignments manually rather than with a promotion.

Create a node

set it to be a Private Node

create a user group

assign rights on the node only to that group.

Add users who are supposed to be able to access the node to that group.

Given your parameters, probably safest to do the assignments manually rather than with a promotion.
Well, yeah, but I still need to creat some way that the users who want to participate can let me know that they want to get into that forum.
Some kind of form that they have to fill in and give the right answers...

Well, yeah, but I still need to creat some way that the users who want to participate can let me know that they want to get into that forum.
Some kind of form that they have to fill in and give the right answers...
That's probably custom. Can't think of a way to do it out of box. I would probably just do it by conversation but a form would be more elegant.

That's probably custom. Can't think of a way to do it out of box. I would probably just do it by conversation but a form would be more elegant.
What about advanced form? I create a form that users have to fill in if they try to enter the private forum. And they have to match the answers?

Top Bottom