1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to change the avatar size in xenforo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jashugan, May 3, 2015.

1. Jashugan

Jashugan Member

I can't work out how to change the avatar size in xenforo. Could somebody please tell me where the setting for this is?

Thank you.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The sizes are fixed in code and not configurable.

3. Jashugan

Jashugan Member

You're kidding me...

Do you know if there's a mod for this at least?

bleepbleepbleep likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Where, specifically, do you want to change the size? If in posts, you can edit one of the templates and change the size from medium to large.

Jashugan likes this.
  5. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

6. Jashugan

Jashugan Member

The problem with those methods is that (as far as I can tell) if you increase the avatar size in the postbit then the won't display correctly anywhere else.

I've tested this with the big-tall template modification and indeed whilst the avatars look fine in posts, they display as cropped everywhere else.

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Editing the appropriate template will only affect avatars in posts and nothing else.

8. Jashugan

Jashugan Member

Yes, that's my point - there needs to be global avater settings in the adminCP. Simply not allowing forum owners to make their own decisions about avatar size is basically just unacceptable.

It's not the XF devs place to guess what my members want, it's their place to provide what we (the paying customers) want.

bleepbleepbleep likes this.
  9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Editing those will require custom development or an add-on. The avatars in posts, however, can be changed with template edits.

XenForo has a uniform approach on avatars. See this post from Jake Bunce quite a while ago: